GUN Went to my CCDW class saturday. It was very shity

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by speedricer, Dec 13, 2005.

1. speedricer

speedricer Go SpeedRicer Gooooo

CCDW class was the most boring thing i've ever been though. I only got 2 hours sleep the night before.
    Took it with 2 old ladies, and some guy that forgot his gun. The old ladies shared a 22 cal revolver.. Thier ammo was 30 years old and so bad that they had to be FORCED into the gun.
    The other guy that was there, didn't even bring a gun so I let him shoot mine... He held the gun wrong, and the slide tooke out a HUGE chunk of skin from the web between his thumb and finger.
    I Did awesome. We only shot from 7 yards. EVERONE of my rounds hit center mass. and I got 100 on the test at the end.
    Only learned a few things I didn't already know.

But it was the most unsafe gun invironment i've ever been in. The old lady kept loading her gun in class and playing with it. And aiming it at everyone. The teacher of the class is a deputy sheriff here. I don't know why he didn't say anything to her. But it was just really a poor class. But least I got it over with.:o

2. blindarrow

blindarrow New Member

Congrats on making it out alive, as well as passing :bigthumb:

3. ShackleMeNot

ShackleMeNot MINDSET

Find other training. CCW classes are the absolute MINIMUM standards set by the state. There is plenty left to learn about fighting with guns.

4. speedricer

speedricer Go SpeedRicer Gooooo

Yeah i'm sure there is. This class was bullshit.. But least now I get my safety certificate to where I can get my CCDW license

5. DaJMan

DaJMan When i was young, i dreamed of being a baseball

thats scary... here in aus we have to go through a 2 day safety course just to get a license for a rifle or shotgun...

i hope that the majority of people back this up with a decent course...

6. 2L Bunny

2L Bunny "It's only a Rabbit"

That is scary. If I even handled any of my guns away from the firing line or the designated fiddle tables, I've have instructors jumping down my throat....With good reason.

7. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

ive heard many horror stories about unsafe CCW classes...

scary.. luckily I dont have to deal with that anti-American fucking BULLSHIT here in PA

8. RonJeremey

RonJeremey OT Supporter

serisouly, my CHL class here was fucking horrible. That .22 wouldn't even have counted here, you have to use a .32 or bigger caliber hand gun.

But mine wasn't quite that unsafe, we had to lay the gun on the table in slide lock w/ no ammo on the table. And couldn't touch them until it was time to go shoot.

I don't like the fact that some of those people passed the test. One lady was closing her eyes every time she shot, and jumping. I dunno what hse was doing there... The instructor got mad at me for making head shots, even though it was clearly part of the high scoring ring...

9. 86 Bird

86 Bird eh

Buy the sounds of things I was lucky. My ccw class was pretty good. I think alot of it is the instructor and who's in the class. I didnt learn awhole lot from it but overall it was good.