GUN Went to gun show.....

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Red Hunter, Apr 6, 2003.

1. Red Hunter

Red Hunter Guest

.....And came back with two new toys :) The gun show was in Fredrick, Maryland, the Silverado Gun show. Today was their last day I think, but a lady said that they are coming back in June :bigthumb: Alot of booths and toys to see!

Picked up a Savage 10FP for $449 and a Yugo SKS for $130.

I don't have any pics of my own but...

The SKS would look something like this...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bayonet included! :big grin:

The Savage..

[​IMG]

Still need to get some optics.

2. AlkyHauler

AlkyHauler Do you feel lucky punk? OT Supporter

:cool: I have a Chinese SKS w/a 30 shot banana on it. There are a ton of mods for the SKS.

3. Red Hunter

Red Hunter Guest

Where could I find them? Any good online sites? :big grin:

4. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

detatchable mags for sks's suck. they're not reliable, they don't fit right most of the time, and they're just plain not meant for the rifle. that said, a new polymer monte carlo stock, removing the grenade launching attatchment, and a few rounds through it, and you'll have yerself a fun little rifle.

i'd seriously suggest a new stock for the savage, moreso than for the sks.

5. Red Hunter

Red Hunter Guest

No digi cam :wtc: Thats like an OT sin...

The wood appears to be in good condition, few scratches but thats okay. Very greasy, I will need to clean it throughly. Matching serial numbers on everything. :bigthumb: Overall I think it's in great shape. We were very careful to inspect for the matching serial numbers.

6. Count Grishnackh

Count Grishnackh Three weeds from the same root

7. footratfunkface

yeah, get the cosmolene out of everything. ESPECIALLY the firing pin and bolt. you DO NOT want to leave any bit in there, unless you enjoy slamfires and double fires.

8. TwoGuns

TwoGuns Medical Crew

How many SKS detachable mags have you used? I've used USA detachable 30 rounders in my SKS successfully for years.

9. footratfunkface

i've never had any work in any sks i've ever used. mine's not set up for detachables. they're a pain in the ass to remove too, since you need both hands. it's quicker to use stripper clips.

10. TwoGuns

TwoGuns Medical Crew

I've used mine in at least two SKS's that I can think of without any problems. Not set up? All you have to do is remove the fixed mag, it isn't a modification or anything.

It's not like loading a stripper clip is easier, you still have to de-shoulder the weapon and push down hard to make sure it goes in straight, plus after a couple hundred rounds, the reciever rails are damn hot, and the last place you want your hands is near them. I've found the 30-rounders have kept me and my friends hands burn-free.

Think about it. I have a 30 rounder, I de-shoulder the rifle,slide in the mag, chamber a round and I have 30 rounds. With stripper clips, you need to de-shoulder the rifle, push in a stripper clip, and chamber a round. You have to do that three times, and there are only 10 rounds in between. Using stripper clips is hardly faster.