Went to doc this morning for my rotator cuff

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Grimey, May 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grimey

Grimey New Member

Fucked it up last Thursday (4/27) incline pressing. Was sore as shit that Friday, and progressively got better, but still couldn't lift on it as of Friday.

Went to the doc this morning, luckily he thinks I won't need any physical therapy as of now. Gave me some anti-inflammatory meds ("Mobic" Meloxicam 7.5 mg) for a week, gotta go back next to hear the verdict :noes:

Yet again another week of no upper body, I hate this shit :hs:

2. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

I wanted to go to the doctor this morning too. Ran 30 min to get there, I wanted to move a little, they told me they don't take anyone after 10h30 even though they go for lunch at 12 only :squint: Had to run back and come back this afternoon, ran again and there was a friggin 2h wait :squint:
    So no doctor today... Thank god it was a day off and I like running from time to time... I wasted half of my day though.

3. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington nunc fortunatus sum

I totally gave up on any over head press type of excercise for about three months and focused on a couple rotator cuff excercises. I do them religiously and stop whatever excercise I am doing when they act up.

The great benefit for me is that allowing them to heal + focusing on them has made my shoulder's a lot stronger than they ever were (I have been plagued by moderate-serious rotator issues since college). I got 60's up x5 (Arnolds) today since I felt ready to try something overhead :o

Anyway, don't be impatient, that always got me, and good luck.

4. Grimey

Grimey New Member

Thanks.

For what it's worth, I did it on a barbell incline. I think I'm going to switch to dumbbells now for the time being, until I can get myself back on track for ease of movement.

I will also look into a lot of those rotator cuff exercises. From what I hear, it's good to be patient with this type of thing and get back to 100% eventually... then to rush it, and fuck it up worse for the rest of your life.

5. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington nunc fortunatus sum

For whatever reason I cannot do DB presses. They KILL my shoulders. This is contrary to everything I have ever read :dunno:

I feel your frustration though :hs:

6. Jsweet

Jsweet Ouch, denied.

What are some good excersises that aid in rotator cuff health? My shoulders are on fire everytime I do any kind of should excersise :o

7. Grimey

Grimey New Member

I have 2 good articles, with exercises bookmarked at work.

I'll post them tomorrow.

Also, sounds like you should take some time off if it's everytime you do shoulder exercises.

8. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

9. Grimey

Grimey New Member

This was a good thread I found on BB concerning the rotator cuff- a few good links were posted as well.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=225201

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.