Went to crutchfield.. nothing fits my car..?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by narcisis, Feb 14, 2006.

1. narcisis

narcisis New Member

Hey guys! Had a few questions.. well firstly I just bought a used car, and I need my ears to bleed. I went to crutchfield to find a car stereo, so I put in my cars info to filter out what wouldn't fit my car, but uh.. they ALL got filtered out, so nothing fits my car? :noes: Isn't that impossible? My other car was an 89 Plymouth Horizon, and a stereo fit that fine (with a little spacer bracket thing). BTW I'm looking for a bluetooth unit, so I can pair it with my phone. Oh my car model would help wouldn't it? lol, I just got a 95 Buick LaSabre.

Any help/suggestions? Thanks! :bigthumb:

2. Asses Maximus

Asses Maximus Guns don't kill people. People kill people. Guns d

1)Find your speakers
    2)measure their size
    3)order that size
    4)?????
    5)profit

3. narcisis

narcisis New Member

Oh sorry maybe I should have clarified myself, lol. You see I'm looking for an actual stereo unit, the speakers/amps I'ma get later, and installed by someone who knows wtf they're doing, I clearly do not :) . Anywho, yea like I said, crutchfield filtered out everything they had in stereos for my car, so.. back to the original question, nothing fits my car? Or do I just need some kinda.. bracket to *make* it fit? Also could anyone suggest a good bluetooth capable unit? (or video unit) :x:

Last edited: Feb 14, 2006
  4. Asses Maximus

Asses Maximus Guns don't kill people. People kill people. Guns d

I found pictures of your dash and headunit on ebay. It looks like a typical gm 1.5 din head unit. You should be able to buy nearly any din headunit and then you will have to buy an installation kit (the bracket adapter that makes the new unit fit) and a wiring harness (plugs the new headunit into the cars wiring system). If you really are that clueless and still want to install it yourself you should go to a local car audio shop and ask them for all the components. Otherwise I would have them install it.

5. narcisis

narcisis New Member

Thanks for your info! I was looking around at units and that "din" term came up with a size quite frequently, which I had no clue as to what it was. So I can buy any unit and then just get an adapter? Sounds great, I had planned to buy a unit online and goto a local installer to do it anyway. Also I was wondering, you said you saw a pic of my dash, I dont know how well the pic was but the dash itself hangs over the head unit abit and I was going to try to find a dvdplayer with a pull out fold up screen and I was wondering maybe the dash hangs over TOO much for the screen to fold up. I'd hate to buy the thing and have it not even able to fold up.

Also, does anyone know of a good bluetooth capable unit? I was hoping to find one with video and bluetooth. As always all help is appreciated! :wavey: