A&P Went to B&H the other day.

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by LowLikeWhoaF150, Apr 4, 2006.

1. My first time :coold:

Got a photoshop book so maybe I can learn some new techniques.

Digital Raw book.

And some reflectors. :dunno:

Didn't want to spend any real money because of tax and I don't really know what lenses to get yet.

Sorry I'm not like everyone else and I don't waste time to take pics of my receipt and post pics of everything for OT. It's really not that big of a deal. Actually, believe it or not all the stuff costed alittle over 200 :hs:

2. datboiwilly

datboiwilly OT Supporter

amazon.com for books

3. really!?! :eek3: :coolugh:

Yea I know I could have remembered the book title and all that stuff and then ordered it on amazon but then i'd have to wait how long, my ass would lose interest before I even stepped out of the building and I would have forgotten all about the book. And it's not like I'd save alot of money.. I'd probably end up saving only $10-$20? meh.

And OMG I was in line at the used parts counter trying to see what used lenses they had and there was this BANGIN chick infront of me!!! I mean OMG!!! :noes: She had on black pants, kinda like spandex and she was tall and skinny and her ass just was like WHAMMMM!!!!! The whole time when she was talkign to the guy I had my eyes glued like :eek3: And I didn't even care if anyone saw me that ass was that good!! :eek3:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2006
  4. Got my cam paid off, havn't decided whether or not I'm keeping the fisheye...

Ouch

:eek3:

[​IMG]

5. MrGone

MrGone New Member

Check out your library

I was getting some books for a school project and decided to see what they had and they actually have a big selection of photography/photoshop/digital photography/etc books. They even have those little 3rd party instruction manual books.

6. Derrict

Derrict No, I am not Amish OT Supporter

5am, go to bed!

7. Derrict

You picked up a 70 200 f/2.8L IS, too? Mine just arrived ^_^

8. tenplanescrashing

tenplanescrashing Active Member

ouch...that better be one sharp ass lens!

9. mojito

mojito New Member

nice choise on bag :bigthumb: though you probaly would have been fine for a while with the 5

10. Yea I was really torn between the 5 and the 7 when I was looking at them at B&H. The other bags there looks really basic and they costed like $250 + and I'm like WTF?!?! But anyways I wanted to try them on to see how they felt but those dam security ropes wouldn't let me. And yea the 5 looked tiny, I'd probably fill it up quick.

Also when I looked at the 5 at there's no way my laptop could fit. I don't even know if it'd fit in the exp.7 but it has more potential. I should have asked you first... Can you fit a laptop with 19" display in the 7?? It looks like it could lay across the top and not cause any problems. :dunno:

11. :mamoru: Yea, the 70-200 is another lens that I always wanted, and there's no real confusion if the lens is better than something else or if it is worth the money. I know I've just got the camera and I'm going to have to get used to it before I get any decent shots with this new lens but that's ok because when the time comes to need the lens It'll be here. :) I was goign to get 24-70L plus a 580ex but you guys got me all confused about the 24-70L lens. I think I'm going to wait and try the tamron and the canon lens before I buy. My friend has the canonL and you have the tamron right? If I can try you guys lenses I should beable to figure out which I like the best. :hs:

12. How long did it take to arrive? I'm hoping to have it by this weekend :x:

13. mojito

mojito New Member

never tried a comp in the bag, let me see if I can find one to try out

14. mojito

mojito New Member

our 17" fujitsu (which is thicker and larger than most in its class) barely fits.

don't really see a 19" going in there.

15. Dam :o

guess I'll have to pack my gf's 15"

16. Derrict

I ordered it over the weekend, they called to confirm my order Sunday, shipped Monday, arrived this morning.

Yeah, I've got the 28-75 Tamron you can borrow this weekend for some shots. It'll be the only lens I'll use this weekend since the 50mm and 70-200 will be a little too long. I'll bring the Sigma in case you don't have any normal (non-fisheye :mamoru: ) lens to use this weekend.

17. They called you? Oh shit now I know why they sent me an email saying that they couldn't process my order until I called their 800 number. I was like :eek3: wtf!?! thinking there was a problem with my cc :mamoru: It sucks though because by the time I had a chance to call them they were closed!! So I wont get my stuff till next week probably :wtc:

18. I wont have any normal lenses so please bring it :) :bigthumb: :bowdown:

19. Derrict

Call Wed and see if they can ship the same day, you'll have the items Thursday.

20. You know what the problem was right? I bet you know because I think I know what it was :mamoru:

21. I just got an email notification that they have the 2mb extreme 3 cards back in stock.

22. BLKDVLGSX

BLKDVLGSX OT Supporter

i have the 5...love it

23. Derrict

Usually they call for a confirmation when an expensive item is shipped to a place other than the billing address on the card. I had my stuff ship to work since I didn't want my stuff sitting out front of my place.

24. Derrict

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's smaller than what I was expecting (~ 7" in length w/o the hood).

I was at the bar after work so I haven't had a chance to test it out. There's a women's lacrosse game on Thursday at a local college.. I might test it out there :naughty:

Last edited: Apr 5, 2006

25. you know I have a problem remembering what my phone number is. :mamoru:

I think I gave them the wrong number, I always do that. :o