GUN went to a gun show over the weekend.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Dranian, Jun 29, 2005.

1. Dranian

Dranian (..)

Came back with a brand new Heckler and Koch USP tactical .45 and an unissued Cz52 in 7.62 tokarev. Also got hogue handall grips for both pistols, and a thread protector for the USP.

Then when i got home i ordered A-zoom snap caps for both guns and a couple of upgrades for the cz52 off the net, like:

Harrington Products heavy competition firing pin, firing pin return spring, firing pin detent, and firing pin detent spring.
    firing pin channel cleaners
    a new federal barrel (threaded) in 7.62x25mm tokarev.
    harrington rollers
    and a better slide release.

The hogue grips were a bitch to put on, especially on the USP tac. I can't wait to get to the range and put a few hundred rounds through these. I'll try to post pics when i can but I don't have my camera here right now.

Anything i should know about owning a cz52 except that they have problems with the firing pin and the decockers are unreliable on alot of them? What type of ammunition do you recommend feeding it, and where do you buy cz52 ammunition from? I know a couple places that sell it but i'd like to hear what you guys think.

Thanks.

CLIFFS: went to gun show, got a usp tac and cz52.
    where should i buy 7.62 tokarev ammo?

2. SS109

SS109 3100 FPS OT Supporter

I use the Sellier & Bellot from www.cheaperthandirt in my CZ52. My gun has problems with the cheaper Yugo surplus ammo, hard primers maybe?

It is great fun to go to an indoor range with the CZ52 and shoot it. The pistol will get the attention of the other lanes when you let off a few rounds.

3. blkgs4

blkgs4 New Member

How much did you end up paying for the USPT?

4. Dranian

Dranian (..)

about 1200, it was the only one at the show and i'd been looking for one for a while. nobody around here has em and i didn't want to order through gunbroker.

5. Dranian

Dranian (..)

thanks, i'll get a few boxes of that ammo and try it out. yeah i heard they really get peoples attention.

6. blkgs4

blkgs4 New Member

Wow for $1200 I'd drive down to FL and sell you mine. But its a great gun and I'm sure you'll get your money out of it. Look in an SWR HEMS 2, just demoed one the other day and its quieter than my Implus IIA.

7. Dranian

Dranian (..)

yeah i know 1200 is alot for it, but i wanted it right then and there without waiting for shipping and paying ffl tranfer fees and crap. so i was willing to pay it. hmm i was going to buy the impuls IIA but now i will look into an SWR HEMS 2. do you know any night sights that are tall enough to see over a suppressor on the usp tac? i've been trying to figure it out for a while, i want yellow rear and green front, preferably adjustables. any clue?

8. Dranian

Dranian (..)

is the SWR HEMS 2 available with left hand threads for the usp tactical? i guess it must be if you tested one but on their website it looks like its only made for the mark23 (right hand threads). I like the impuls and everybody i've talked to says ccf or tros make the best suppressors for the tac. dammit now i don't know what the hell to get.

9. blkgs4

blkgs4 New Member

The Mepros (I think they're mepros, they are the ones that you can order direct from HK-USA but cheaper if you pick them up elsewhere) will clear the Implus. Also I have a pair of Heines on another USPT which are taller and more clearly seen over the suppressor.
    If I had to do it over again I'd have picked up the HEMS, I'm happy with my Implus especially the service Larry at CCFA provides and I'm gonna upgrade my Impuls to the Carbon fiber tube. But the Hems is a NICE can.

10. blkgs4

blkgs4 New Member

If you're unsure, find a dealer who is willing to sample some of their suppressors. Once you see/hear the SWR you'll love it, I can almost assure you of that. Henry at Title2.com is a great guy to deal with and will most likely let you sample some of his stuff. And you can get the LH or RH, they are replaceable inserts so regardless which one you get you can get the other. Also they have some other thread pitchs available for some of those other thread patterns available.

11. Dranian

Dranian (..)

ok, thanks for your help. do you know anywhere that might make a suppressor for a cz52? i was getting a threaded barrel for a compensator but a suppressor for that might be in order if its possible to find one in 7.62 tokarev.

12. blkgs4

blkgs4 New Member

Why not just use a 9mm suppressor for it?

13. Under_Fire

Under_Fire Duck and Run

what part of pembroke pines?

14. Dranian

Dranian (..)

cuz its not a 9mm and i'd rather not convert it to one

15. Dranian

Dranian (..)

well now i live in plantation on hiatus and broward. when i lived in pines it was west pines. 172nd ave between pines and sheridan. why, you live around here? if so what range do you go to?

16. blkgs4

blkgs4 New Member

Well first of all I think I'd probably convert my CZ52 to 9mm, and if you really liked that Tokarev round you can still use the 9mm suppressor without any problem. At most you'll be 3-4 db higher. I ran a 9mm suppressor on a .22 and honestly I personally couldn't tell much of a difference between it and a cheap dedicated .22 suppressor.

17. Dranian

Dranian (..)

wouldn't it lose some accuracy though? i'd think the pressure of the gasses venting through a larger suppressor passing by the bullet would give it to much yaw and make it unstable and not very accurate? or i could be wrong as i don't know that much about ballistics.

18. blkgs4

blkgs4 New Member

You might notice a difference in POI in pistol calibers, however the pistol will function properly and the bullet will not keyhole or anything of that nature. If you have a suppressed gun keyholing either that pistol cannot spin the bullet fast enough or you have a baffle strike in the suppressor which is actually impacting the bullet.

I know a couple of guys who varmit hunt with 7.62 cans on their 5.56 bolt actions, and while there is a change of impact when using the suppressor for them it is consistent enough to hunt with.

19. Dranian

Dranian (..)

hmm. ok well then maybe i will try out a 9mm suppressor if i can't find one made for 7.62 thanks.