COMIC went to a convention this past weekend...

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Phantom Empress, Jun 3, 2003.

1. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

JACON -japnese anime club of Orlando's Convention.

I watched the first few episodes of series' that i hadn't seen and some that i had.

Azumanga Daioh - HILLARIOUS!! completely randoma nd jus bloody brilliant.

Scrapped Princess - Magic + Fighting + 16 year old fated to end the world = good.

Fruits Basket - Gret, I can't wait to watch more.

Full Metal Panic - I had seen 1 & 2 last year with my roomies, but i saw 1 - 4 this weekend. GREAT mecha/spy series and i generally don't like them.

Narue no sekai - SPACE NINJAS???????!!!!!!!!!! It's soooooo good.

2. keroberos

keroberos OT Supporter

Azumanga Daioh was very good, haven't seen scrapped princess yet, fruist basket is always good, fmp good again, narue no sekai = always win.

most of the series you listed have ended already except scrapped princess and narue no sekai.

very :cool: though

3. Phantom Empress

Thanx... Yeah I figured all these series are out and done. I haven't been in on the Anime world for a while so I'm kind of catching up and seeing all these new series.

4. Draven2575

Draven2575 Taking one responsibility at a time

hmm gotta check some of those out :cool:

5. Phantom Empress

I also want to see:
    Wolf's rain ( saw an AMV for it and was interested)
    One Piece ( I know it's old, but I haven't seen it yet, the Amv i saw was hillarious.... crazy pirates, need I say more?)
    DNAngel (Read the discription but got there late and missed it.... A kid has the Genetic power to turn into a smooth talking Tall, dark and handsome theif.)
    Haibane Renmei (read the discription, but again, missed it.. Th e story of a newbie angel type chick)
    Seishuuheiki Kanojo (saw an AMV of it and i looked cool..... girls turning into ultimate weapons..hmmm)

6. tom3

tom3 ...

azumanga daioh - prob the funniest anime i've seen so far. i have the hk dvd boxset.

fruits basket - very good mix of humor and emotional aspects. some aspects were a bit overdone imo.

wolf's rain - starts out really freakin cool and takes unexpected turns in the plot. it's still showing and fansubs are on ep. 17 now, i think.

haibane renmei - this is all about the story and characters. it's kinda slow because of no action really, but it finishes up well.

k. that's my short input on the series that i've seen in full :). but i've looked up reviews in the past for all the others that you've mentioned, and they all seem to have at least 4/5 stars. good choices.

7. Draven2575

Draven2575 Taking one responsibility at a time

i have the first 3 eps of wolf's rain.. it's pretty cool
    DNAngel has some nice animation
    Seishuuheiki Kanojo (have em all) is really good and sad. the animation and flow is unique and awesome.
    another cool one is Figure 17 (it's been licensed so it'll be out)