GUN went shooting for the first time today

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by SuPa, Sep 8, 2003.

1. SuPa

SuPa I ruin Naders fun

now this is something I could get into... :bigthumb: very fun stuff, but the most satisfying thing for me was pulling the bolt back and watching the shells fly :o

I was shooting a Parker Hale 7mm magnum and a Winchester 30-06.

anyways, my question to you guys is what some good websites are for info about setting scopes to distances etc...

thanks

2. mrbill

mrbill New Member

not sure, but you can try here....

http://thehighroad.org/index.php?

from my personal experience, setting targets at said distance and then zeroing in scope at said distance is the best way. there are targets that"simulate" range at shorter distances, but imo, actually letting the round "fly" is the best way to zero in.

3. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

yeah, because shrunken targets do not take into account the round's arc necessary to hit properly at range. if you put a target at 100 yds that's supposed to simulate a target at 200 yds, then you're not going to have to adjust elevation. it's merely going to appear smaller. those targets are good for working on your accuracy while shooting distant targets, but not for zeroing.

4. taco

taco Guest

Please explain setting scopes to certain distances more. What exactly do you want to know about it?