Went out for quart of milk v.NewTruck

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by ffxhub, Mar 21, 2008.

1. ffxhub

ffxhub OT Supporter

Picked up my new truck late last week and finally got around to taking some pics. Drove it this weekend in the rain so it's a little dirty, but the color hides it well. Exterior pics only at this time, hopefully get some inside shots of the King Ranch leather :naughty:

2008 F-250 V10 King Ranch 4x4

ibFordHaters
    ibNoDieselNoCare (have you seen the cost of diesel lately?)

Low-res pics blow I know....

Higher res pics on my Picasa site

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. whitecouch

whitecouch spendin' our golden years in OT Supporter

nice truck FTW!

3. feetball

feetball New Member

What kind of mileage does that 10 get?

4. Read more...

Read more... SPQR

The King Ranch leather is the nicest leather I've ever touched in a vehicle. :eek3:

5. ffxhub

ffxhub OT Supporter

From what I hear people are getting 10-12mpg. Of course that depends on driving style and if you're towing or not.

You have no idea, I almost want to ride with no pants on, but afraid ass sweat will kill the seats...hahaha. Have to get interior shots up later.

6. IHAVECRABS

IHAVECRABS Diversity is our strength. LOLOL

:werd: the seats are so fucking sexy.

7. Justintiime

Justintiime OT Supporter

so wait, you worried about the cost of diesel fuel, so you opted for the V-10 in a truck that wont fit in any standard garage? :rofl: at this point, who cares about the cost of fuel/mileage if you're driving something that rediculously huge! Nice truck, regardless.

IB Deusaxatherearaaa "NO MUDFLAPS YOU SUCK"

8. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

on one hand I think it's retarded for not getting a diesel in a truck of that nature... and on the other hand I think it's smart not getting a PowerJoke.

And since you want some luxury it seems the only reasonable choice would have been a GMC with the Duramax.

9. ffxhub

ffxhub OT Supporter

Thanks, I love it so far!

You got it. That and the fact the diesel is a $6500 option. For the low number of miles I'll put on it diesel just wasn't a smart idea for me.

When we move one of the requrements will be the 3 car garage and it has to be big enough for the truck. This won't be a problem with most of the houses we'll be looking at. Won't be moving for a few years though.

Shit my garage now is barely big enough for the mustang.

10. ffxhub

ffxhub OT Supporter

Can't knock the Duramax/Allison combo but just not digging the GMs. Test drove the Dodge and GM and just didn't get the same feeling I got with the Ford. Always been a Ford guy, but figured I'd give the others a chance. IMHO there was really no comparison with the King Ranch Ford.

But this argument could go on and on, to each their own, the GM/Ford argument goes on.....

11. Justintiime

Justintiime OT Supporter

my garbage guy just showed up today in his new bigass GMC truck with the duramax/allison combo. I was really impressed with how quiet the engine was compared to all the older dodges and fords.

12. ffxhub

ffxhub OT Supporter

Yeah the new diesels are super quite.

I will say that every Dodge and GM I've pulled up next to look like Dakotas and Colorados. They just look smaller...

13. KIDRR

KIDRR Duck dog>* OT Supporter

Very nice truck, I just wouldn't want to pay your gas bill :)

14. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

considering that the GM puts out more power, has an extra gear for fuel economy, and out-pulls the new ford..... it seems your only beef is that it looks "smaller".

gee... doesn't sound like small-penis syndrom at all :ugh2::greddy:

15. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

Gee:

GM:
    • Better engine
    • Better tranny
    • More luxurious interior
    • CHEAPER (by several thousand)
    • Quieter
    • More HP
    • More Torque
    • Smoother ride
    • better 4x4 system

Ford:
    • Nice seats
    • solid axle

Comparing the two, I honestly only see TWO things going for the ford. The King Ranch has nice seats -- but they're not worth the ten grand that they cost. You can get a SLT duramax for several thousand less than a gas-powered king ranch. And despite the king ranch having unique seats, the total package is actually much more luxurious with the GMC.... Plus you save money.... plus you get the duramax/alison combo.

It seems to be the same argument for the past decade. If you want the better power train, you get the GM.

And lets be honest, short of small-penis syndrom, the only reason to buy these trucks is for the power train.

16. tehganj

tehganj oh, hi.

i've been debating on whether to get a new f-250 or a silverado 2500... i like them both and i'm thinking about getting them both but the g/f would hate me if i got them :greddy:

17. ffxhub

ffxhub OT Supporter

Don't really know why I feel like I need to explain my purchase to you, but I'll humor you. To start if GM is always the better truck then why does Ford sell more trucks then anyone else? Must be a lot of dumb people out there....:ugh:

I think the GM looks like dog shit. Been in all three trucks and you can't compare the Ford King Ranch to the GM. Have you even been in a 2008 KR?? I do really like the Dodge look but the quality just isn't there.

Plenty of things the GM doesn't have.
    No power fold or scope mirrors
    Only 17" wheels available
    No power slide rear window
    Don't believe it has a back-up camera and if so I bet you have to get Nav,(don't want nav)
    Can't match the tow command on the Ford
    tailgate step
    steering wheel mounted climate control
    less headroom, less shoulder room, less hip room, less leg room
    less HP and TQ (V8 vs V10)
    Didn't see limited slip or traction control

Built a GM with all the options I have on my truck and it was only $1200 less then what I paid for mine. If I wanted diesel the Duramax is a $7500 option while the PS is a $6500 option. I didn't want/need diesel so there is no reason to even bring up that discussion.

18. Justintiime

Justintiime OT Supporter

oh, potroast is just jealous. He has to pick apart every one elses cars, and ideas.

19. ffxhub

ffxhub OT Supporter

Uh, no chance on that. My 70 mile/day commute would kill me in this truck. This will only be the weekend/travel truck.

Yeah I was starting to get that feeling.....seems like most of his posts are negative, ah well everyone is entitled to their opinion.

20. Justintiime

Justintiime OT Supporter

oh, and he's NEVER wrong :rofl:

21. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

Pretty sure I have seen this on the GMC.

zomg I forgot you gots to roll with dem 20's in da hood

probably not. It'd be nice, but what's more important? A good engine, or a rear power sliding window? Sure both would be nice, but if I could only take one, I'm taking the engine. Hello GM.

Add it aftermarket then. Or just get the navi. I have navi and I don't know how I lived without it.

Except the 2008 GMC does have it.

whoopty fucking do. I've seen ONE person use it and it's the stupidest thing ever. Took him like 2 minutes to get in his truck. Use the wheel if you need a step. Me, I just hop up there.

I know the bluetooth and audio is on the wheel, not sure about climate. It has digital automatic climate control. Set the temp once, and leave it alone.

I'll take your word for it. Every time I've been in one everyone has said it's comfy as hell. Never heard a complaint about it, to be honest.

Are you comparing gas to gas? If so, you're a fucktard. The Duramax has best-in-class power.

It's called the "G80" option. It's an eaton locking differential. Works fucking great for an OEM rear end.

You're comparing the MSRP of a GMC to what you actually PAID for a Ford? Stupid, man. You'll walk out with a duramax-equiped GMC for LESS than you paid for your gasser Ford. And 5 years from now the GMC is gonna be worth a lot more in resale.

Even if you were gonna daily-drive a truck like that and were never gonna tow I'd still recommend the diesel.

22. ffxhub

ffxhub OT Supporter

Yeah I've noticed that too! Must have been picked on a lot as a kid....Don't have to worry about responding to his posts anymore, hello ignore list.

Not a baller at all but had to have something for the dogs and wanted to have it paid off by the time we have kids. That way I'm not dealing with having to get a new car just as kids start poping out! The monthly payment won't be fun by any means!

23. Manthrax

Manthrax OT Supporter

Plenty of things the GM doesn't have.
    my dads silverado has this
    im pretty sure they have 20"
    you need a backup camera...:hsugh:
    you need a step up into your truck bed?:mamoru:
    yeah, its so hard just to reach over to the control on the dash:rolleyes:
    it has plenty, you must be fat
    the 6.0 vortec has plenty, if not there is always duramax
    i know it has limited slip, im 99% sure it has traction AND stability control

btw, not a ford hater, i just think this generation of GMs are better than the fords right now

24. IslanderOffRoad

IslanderOffRoad Do you even lift kit? OT Supporter

While I wouldn't buy one personally I've been driving an 03 F250 FX4 Crew Cab V10 for work (work on an island with alot of dirt roads that are poorly maintained) and I have to say the amount of abuse our trucks see is much higher than you'd do on the mainland. The truck has held up very well mechanically. I also love the weird grumble of the V10.

We didn't buy diesel because we have a fleet of gasoline boats (and before its mentioned, show me a 9.9hp diesel, or a diesel ski boat) and it doesn't make sense for us to keep 2 different kinds of fuel in reserve.

25. tugboattom

tugboattom New Member

if u woulda gotten a diesel u coulda chipped it and gotten double the mileage your planning on getting out of that v10...+double the power.........regardless trucks nice