A&P went on vacation and lens fogged... problems

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by jeepilot, Jul 16, 2007.

1. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

So i was on a cruise last week. I took the d80 and my lenses. for the ports of call i took the kit lens 18-135... Well i took it out as i got off the boat and it fogged almost immediately. Well i thought oh, no problem, i'll just take the lens off and let it air out. Bad idea. It cleared up the fogging issue, but now there's pieces of lint on the inner lenses. Does anyone know how to fix this outside of sending it off to get cleaned? And does anyone know how much this costs? I also realized that i really want the 18-200 vr for most conditions, i think it'd be the perfect walk around/ vacation lens.

2. BeachBoy

BeachBoy New Member

can't help you to clean the mess, but yes the 18-200 is best vacation lens.

also, next time as soon as you'll b ein temp changing conditions (i.e. ac room to warm outside), you'll want to put your camera in a scealed plastic bag so the condensation stays on the outside of the bag

3. Yahdude

Yahdude New Member

Lens fog sucks. Left my equipment in the car overnight (stupid stupid, I know) woke up in the morning, went back out to the outdoor session...fog. Had to find the nearest camera store and BUY a replacement, didn't have time for anything else. Learned my lesson.

Good news is that I found out my 70-200 had some serious issues :)