Went on a "friends date" with a girl and now she's acting weird

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Mugwump, Aug 24, 2006.

1. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

I spent 6 hours with her on Tuesday night. We had some food, went to a movie, had a drink and I dropped her off at home. I consider it a "friends date," meaning just two friends out and about for awhile.

She's a little manipulative button pusher (just like me), always has been, but lately she's been acting stranger and stranger. She'll say the nicest things one day and another will say "You're a nice guy, but I don't have time for someone like you [my attitude]." And then she'll go right back to being a witty and mean and funny and nice. Why would she say that to another friend though? She sounds like she's talking about more than a friendship to a guy.

So we go on a date, right? And then she says to me over a txt msg "I'm sorry if I pick on you sometimes," right? And then the next day we're making fun of each other on Myspace, and she acts like I hurt her feelings and I call her and she says she was just kidding and then an hour later she deletes me. I've known her for awhile and I think she's still fucking around, but this reminds me of those things grade schoolers do to each other when they like someone (kick their chair, throw things at them, be mean).

She's 22, by the way, and I'm 28. Do you think she's doing this coz she has a schoolgirl crush on me? Or is she just a weird person...

(I don't want to date her; our personalities would kill each other.)

2. pigeon

pigeon wasabi

she sounds really strange, and also not very grown up.
    how important is your relationship (friendship or otherwise) ?

3. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

Sounds like a schoolgirl crush to me. It can be kinda cute, but as an adult its a little annoying as it goes on. Especially since you arent really into her. I think she is playing the safe route though. Throwing out both signals and waiting for a response, that way, no matter what you decide she will fee like she was the one in control the whole time. You know one thing...she is definitely a female :rofl:

4. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

I like her as a lot as a friend. She's a med student and really smart/throughtful. Her brother died a couple years ago, and I think this affected her personality. She never talks about herself and grew a shell around her emotions.

She makes fun of me because I talk about myself all the time, but who doesn't?

I could never date her. Like I said, we'd kill each other.

5. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

I sent her a txt today with "weirdo." We'll see where this goes. She needs to stop this shit though because I don't know if she's being serious or not.

Face to face, she's not as daring with these games as she is over the phone/computer.

6. pigeon

pigeon wasabi

maybe you could just flat out ask her what her deal is.
    lol i would

7. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

eventually

I don't like it when good friends delete me from their Myspace though :mad:

8. pigeon

pigeon wasabi

dude, the whole thing is effed up
    i'm sorry she's being weird with you. - me, i wouldn't put up with it, but i'm a coldhearted bitch ;)
    i hope y'all work things out

9. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

the reason I can put up with this is because I don't have strong feelings for her

if I did, I'd be out too

this leads to the question, maybe she has strong feelings, and I'm driving her crazy

10. pigeon

pigeon wasabi

:rofl: maybe

11. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

She's flirting, and when you get serious you are blowing it. She wants you to be witty and banter back with her, and push it up a notch. If you could maintain and not back down, not apologize, not get freaked out and instead take a confident pace with it I bet she'd be all over you.

Yes, schoolgirl crush, except she wants to fuck you *if* you can prove to be more than a match for her wit.

That's my take.

12. Tiberium

Tiberium Active Member

muthafuckin' dot

13. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

We'll see... I don't want to lead her on though.