SRS Went into the ER last night for Lumbar disc fractures V. I feel like im failing life.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Ghostrider4450, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Ghostrider4450

Ghostrider4450 New Member

I am having a really hard time right now in my life. With previous injuries (over a year ago) consisting of multiple fractures in my L2/L3 Lumbar, and now a few herniated discs in my upper thoracic T6/T7/T8, work is really becoming difficult if not impossible to do, and I dont want to lose my job. Aside from any sports activities, my sex life with the SO is sad (aside from other SO "things") and working on a production crew is really difficult for a guy with a shit back.

Production/film is something I have a huge passion for and love to do, and this back thing is making me feel like im slowly failing that venture. I dont want to lose this opportunity to get my foot into the door and up the ladder of the filmmaking community.

So far I have been going to PT 3x a week and seeing my GP for heat packs 2x. I am prescribed painkillers/relaxers for the debilatating pain that I feel when moving wrong, throwing back out ect.

I dont want to ruin (drugs/surgery) what I have going for me, and most importantly I want to get myself better so i can get a better grip on my life.

Sorry for the rambling, im just having a hard time holding it together tonight, and wanted to share with those who have probably been in a similar situation.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 21, 2008
  2. TucsonTerror

TucsonTerror OT Supporter

Press on through therapy and do what you can do if there's a chance for full recovery. If you cut corners now, you'll pay the price for the rest of your life. If you take a bit more pain or maybe a missed opportunity to make yourself healthy for the rest of your life, you win. Maybe it's a lot more cutthroat in the film industry but I had friends who got to work a bit over 1/2 time for full pay while recovering from surgery.

3. RJD

RJD New Member

:cuddle:Sorry to hear you are in such bad shape. I went through the same thing after a car accident. I don't know how you can work. PT must be helping some.