GUN Went back to the range today.. 56k die

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Artyboy, Mar 12, 2006.

1. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

And this time I have pics so I figured I'd post up. This time I took the old man and his gun collection. After going to Wal-Mart and stopping at every gun shop between the range and his house looking for paper targets with no luck we just went ahead and paid the buck a pop for theirs. Here's what we shot.

[​IMG]

The revolver is a Ruger .357. The top auto is a Jennings 9mm and the little one is a Raven Arms P-25. Quite a collection he has there :mamoru:. I also took the Glock 22 and rented a Sig p226 while I was there. Next time I go I'll be trying out their XD-40 but it'll have to feel pretty fucking good to steer me away from the Sig after shooting this one. Here's the Sig

[​IMG]

I started out with about 80 rounds through the Glock at 10 yards.

[​IMG]

Then I gave the Jennings a shot. It was a piece of shit. Half the time I'd get a FTF with the first round. Every single fucking time I'd get a FTF on the last round in the mag. I got frustrated and just started blowing off ammo. I hated the trigger, it kicked a lot for a 9mm and it was heavy.

[​IMG]

Then I tried the P-25. It was a fun little gun. I just made a little mark in the corner of the paper because my dad swore it doesn't shoot straight. I wanted to try and prove him wrong :mamoru:. This is at 10 yards. Not bad for a little shitty pocket gun. For the most part it worked great. The first round of one of the mags jammed but I just had to tap the slide to get it to feed. Besides that it worked well.

[​IMG]
    After gettiing fed up with the Jennings I still had a couple of boxes of 9mm left so I went ahead and rented the Sig. Holy fucking shit I've never held a gun that feels better. I just wish I would have had more than a couple of boxes of rounds to put through it. The head shots are from the Ruger. I let me dad try the Sig for a while. He was only supposed to shoot one mag but he ended up putting 50 rounds through it :mamoru:. The Ruger was fun to shoot, too, but the sights sucked and it was hard to get a good sight picture. It's probably a lot more accurate than I am. Anyway, after I got the Sig back I finished up my last 50 rounds at 20 yards. That's when I started getting the flyers.

[​IMG]

Next time I go I'm going to try out their XD-40. I've got a feeling that I'm going to be joining Sig crew pretty soon, though.

2. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

a Raven AND a Jennings..

you're on a roll :coolugh:

nice Ruger :bigthumb:

3. Artyboy

My old man has a bad habit of biting on cheap guns. He paid $35 for the Raven. I can't blame him. I would have bought it for that. I'm not sure what he paid for the Jennings, though. Since he won't tell me it was probably too much :mamoru:.

4. itchiban

itchiban New Member

Still looks like a good time. I had plans to sight in my 10/22 but it decided to rain in phoenix... we've gone about 170 days without rain and it rains the day i want to hit the range. :wtc:

I would have bought that raven for 35 bucks too :hsugh:

5. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

:cool: other then the raven and jennings looks like a good time.

6. Artyboy

The Jennings sucked. The Raven was fun. I'd definately shoot it again :bigthumb: