Welp, got blown off after asking girl out.

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Chadder007, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Chadder007

Chadder007 OG Diamond Member

I asked a girl out that Ive known for a long time out on Thursday to go somewhere on Saturday. She said yes.
    Saturday comes along and I text her around noon to make sure she is getting ready and to make sure everything is going ok for her day.
    I get no response from her for a few hours, so I text her again around 4, checking to make sure she is doing ok since I hadn't heard from her. She texts back that she was just about to call me and busy doing something else so I call her and she said she decided to stay at home instead.
    Why do some girls do this? If you don't want to go, just say no. :hsd:

Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
  2. jokka

jokka OT Supporter

so you text her and call her ?

you came off as a needy passive aggresive chode. If she didnt make the effort to check up on that date then you shouldnt have done anything. SHe should have been the one calling/texting you about it.

3. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

^^ that's not what passive aggressive is

but anyway-- it happens, man

likely won't work out with this girl so I'd look elsewhere

4. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

:ugh:

No, he was a normal guy doing what normal people do. There was nothing needy or passive aggressive about it. The girl was a flake. End of story.

If she didn't even offer you an excuse, then move on. If she had a decent excuse, then try one more time and leave it at that.

5. Televandalist

Televandalist New Member

I don't think that he was passive aggressive, but he may have come across a bit needy. OP I would have just texted her hey can't wait to see you later at .... and then showed up if she didn't just try to meed someone else there, not a problem.

6. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

Nothing needy about texting during the day when you have a date at night.

Unless we see the convo it's tough to say.

Seems like she just didn't want to go out with you that night for whatever reason.

That being said, the fact that you made this thread indicates neediness.

7. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Or just confusion, if it was the first time he's experienced this.

If I had never been blown off, and then a chick blew me off I would probably make a thread about it, too.

At any rate, delete her number.

8. Chadder007

:squint:
    [​IMG]

9. Memopad

Memopad OT Supporter

This is probably the most popular way i get blown off, i don't get it. Don't say yes to do something, make plans, set a date, and then an hour before said date say "oh i'm busy." What kind of fucking whore does this shit? And they think they're being nice about it too. Oh they didn't want to hurt your feelings by saying no the first time around, fuck. Get over yourself, you're not going to crush me by saying no to my face, you'll just piss me off for bailing on plans. Apparently most of the girls i ask out are insecure non-confrontational types.

/rant

10. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

What that has little to no interest in you and or one that has little to no respect for you either.

11. Swipe

Swipe New Member

Maybe she felt pressured when you asked her?

12. Chadder007

She said she needed to get out and do more things before I asked her out. :dunno:

13. C.W.

C.W. OT Supporter

Shit like that is annoying. Fucking people these days are just pathetic.

14. 2397

2397 OT Supporter

I have a female friend who does this sort of stuff all the time, to me and to other friends. Even when it was her idea to go do something in the first place, she inevitably calls/waits to be called the day of (even an hour before) and offers some lame excuse. I basically gave up making plans with her at all. If I see her at some social event, cool, but fuck if I'm going to let myself be constantly disappointed.

15. VA197

VA197 New Member

You did nothing wrong. You were perfectly fine texting her, and when you got no answer, you picked up the phone to confirm plans.

She's obviously a classless little bitch with no manners or consideration for anyone. It is the height of rudeness to agree to a date then blow it off like this. Truthfully, if she had any decency about herself, she would have gone out with you, enjoyed a nice evening, and said 'Thank you' at the end of the evening. She was hinting to be asked out from what you posted, and you picked up on the signal. I'm very sorry you had this happen. The next time you see her, you have the right to ignore her completely, because she is the female version of a tool, and beneath your notice.

Sorry, it's a bit of a rant, but I fucking hate people who do shit like this!!!

16. Kyoko

Kyoko New Member

This seems to be a good time to mention this one thing that I've always told my guy friends who get stood up a lot.

If a girl blows you off on a date at the last minute but calls back a while later to see what you're doing because she "changed her mind and now wants to hang out"........DO NOT HANG OUT WITH HER THAT DAY. Make plans to do something else or stay home and pretend like you made plans. But DO NOT pick up where SHE left YOU off. Reschedule for another day if you want, but never, ever, EVER reschedule a date on the same day that it was canceled.

Girls do this shit a lot and it's something they do in the early stages to see how big of a pushover loser you are and how far you'll let them get away with playing games. The sad thing is, as soon as you make this mistake, it's gonna be really hard to gain any of their respect back. Then again, if you let it happen to be begin with you probably are a pushover and don't deserve any respect

I know, it's shitty. Not all girls are like this though. The cool ones will be fine with rescheduling and probably had a legit excuse for canceling. The cunty ones will probably act whiny and stupid and whore for validation via text/facebook/etc because they don't understand why someone won't pay attention to them whenever they want it.

Thankfully, if you play your cards right you can end up fucking these girls and never call them again.

But seriously, if anybody's reading this, please trust me on this. I know way too many idiot dudes who let this shit happen to them constantly and will probably end up dying alone and miserable with their dick in their hand.

17. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

Why would you want to force a scenario where you can trick her into not canceling on you? If anything you should want to know if she has little to no interest in you so you don't waste your time.

18. kopetzki

kopetzki Banned

i never hear of guys doing this kinda shit. Why? because we're good people, thats why.

19. PcH

PcH Guest

Not a fan of texting here either, even though I do text. Calling is so much more forward and "real". Don't worry about it man, it's one little date. A drop in the bucket.

20. PcH

PcH Guest

nga us guys do it too. stop playin that little violin :o

21. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

I would tend to agree, EXCEPT there's one way around that where you can still hang with them the same day as the canceled date.

Say you had plans to go do something where you were going to pick the girl up and take her with you someplace, but she cancels. You go anyway by yourself to do what you were going to do and she calls up to say "I changed my mind and want to hang out now."

Instead of saying "bitch please.... not happening," say something like "well I'm at ______ doing what we were going to do.... you're more than welcome to still come on out if you can get yourself here, and I'll give you a ride home at the end of the day if you need."

That way you're putting the inconvenience of changing plans on HER, and if she's truly interested enough she'll take the initiative to get there. If not, then you'll know pretty quick that you should disqualify her.

22. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

:rofl::rofl:

23. zildjian

zildjian New Member

agree completely. One of two things could have happened.

1. Shes a compulsive flake (these exists mind you)
    2. Something more interesting came up and she traded you in.

In both of these cases, you definitely do not want to be with her. The fact that she "just wanted to stay home" is not a valid excuse but a cop out.

24. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Was the plan for you two to meet somewhere, or were you picking her up?

25. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

Also it depends on how it went down too. If I was in class with someone and they said "we should totally hit up this thing on Saturday" and I was like "yeah, that'd be fun" but then didn't hear from them until Saturday afternoon, I'd have already made other plans by then.