SRS Wellbutrin for ADHD?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by BradUF, Mar 27, 2005.

1. BradUF

BradUF Guest

I have my yearly doctors appointment comming up and as usual I am sure he is going to suggest I take something for my ADHD. I was going to try streterra but I really dont like sexual side effects lol. I can find alot on how Streterra is great for depression but cant really find the reverse for Wellbutrin that it helps ADHD. Its off Label use is ADHD. From my understanding they both stimulate the same things in the brain but one does not have sexual side effects. O by the way Peyomp if you read this the ony reason I am even thinking about this is for a few reasons. 1) I am on my 5th of high school and if I dont finish some stuff, then I am going to be on my 6th 2) I did self perscribe some stuff and it was great so now I am not so anti. 3) I am fatuiged all the fucking time and things need to get done in about a month which will be an almost impossible task with out any extra help 4) My GF thinks I should take something. I doubt I will take it more then a month if I decide to. So anyone know about Wellbutrin vs Streterra?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2005
  2. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Just talk them over with your doctor and be open to his suggestions. Honestly, I've never even heard of sexual sides from either medicine. Sometimes they are used in combination, with great success.

3. BradUF

BradUF Guest

You cant combine Starterra and Wellbutrin. They work on the same brain chemcials. Starterra has serve sexual side effects.

4. The side effects which are listed are listed even if they happen to only one single person. Talk to the doctor about that. You'll find that 99.9% of the side effects listed on any given medicine often do not happen to any given individiual - however, you always need to be aware that they could, and be ready to call your doctor or get help if the need should arise.

I've been allergic to medications, and reading the labels has saved my life.

5. You can combine any of the SSRI medications, it's just a matter of exactly why they're being used, and in what dose. Smaller doses are used if two or more are needed. The doctor will explain what he thinks, and it would be wise to listen to him and ask him to recommend a counselor or psychologist as well as a psychiatrist to further your treatment. A support system should be established.

You've expressed depression: Clinical in my opinion, for quite awhile now too.

6. BradUF

BradUF Guest

I am not taking Welbutrin for depression. Mostly for ADD with the bonus of anti depression. Also if Welbutrin or Starterra fails then thats the end of this and I am never taking anything again. My mom has lived with the same problems as me her whole life with no meds and so can I. Also Peyomp..

From www.crazymeds.org

7. BradUF

BradUF Guest

ADD Combined Type Not Probable
    ADD Inattentive Type Highly Probable
    Cingulate System Hyperactivity Probable
    Limbic System Hyperactivity Probable
    Basal Ganglia Hyperactivity Probable
    Temporal Lobe System Not Probable

So according to that I have ADD, deression and anexiety?

8. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Crazymeds is a bad site. Try listening to your doctor who went to... oh, yeah, MEDICAL SCHOOL, instead of some quack on the net thats trying to scare you.

I know several people that take Straterra and Welbutrin. You can combine them. And no, Straterra does not have "severe sexual side effects." Like I said, I've taken it and know alot of people that have, and I've never even heard of sexual sides from straterra.

9. BradUF

BradUF Guest

My friend took it and his doctor said it could cause sexual side effects. Anyways why would I take both when Straterra was made for depression?

10. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

1) Because you are depressed? :rofl:

2) Strattera was "made" for depression, but it didn't work very well in the clinical trials. Thats why its not marketed as an anti-depressant. However, the researchers noticed that the people it did work in had ADHD. Then they tried it on people with ADHD, and found that it was effective at aiding attentiveness and mood in these people. More basic facts here: http://www.strattera.com/index.jsp

3) Just about anything "can" cause sexual side effects. But its not common with Strattera.

If you want to take every possible side effect and chuck out every medicine because of a one in a thousand chance that you'll have that effect then... you can't take any medicine.

11. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Never dignosed with it for all these years I went to my doctor.

12. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Do you think the fact that you hide your feelings from your doctor could have something to do with that? ;)

13. BradUF

BradUF Guest

I dont hide anything from him. If he asked about something I would tell him.

14. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Man, you're so defensive that you would be a gold mine as a patient. It would take YEARS to get through all the layers of protective bullshit. Your father is a very impressive man.

15. BradUF

BradUF Guest

WTF do you mean by that?

16. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Ever talk to a therapist about that?

17. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Sure when I was 12.

18. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

He died when you were twelve... mind if I ask how?

19. BradUF

BradUF Guest

20. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Okay, then we can surmise that the death of your father was sufficiently traumatic, and is still sufficiently traumatic, that you can't talk about it in public.

When did your "ordeal" with the medications take place?

21. BradUF

BradUF Guest

After they put me on Adderal and it fucked me up really bad. Then I found out I was druged when I was younger with out me knowing it with Ritalin.

22. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Right, I've heard this before. But the question was WHEN?

23. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Like 13.

24. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

How long were you in counseling, after your father passed?

25. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Like 3 months. I was in an entire medical center thing that was private and very expenssive for ADD.