LGBT Well, we're set back a couple of decades or so...

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Taylor, Nov 3, 2004.

1. Taylor

Taylor Guest

Looks like George W. Bastard will take the country :wtc:

This means we'll probably have two "moral-minded" justices appointed to the Supreme Court.

Not to mention that I believe all of the anti-gay marriage amendments passed.

This is a bad day for us, guys.

2. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

3. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

4. marxwa99

marxwa99 Boom Squad

i heard a great quote that said that those who did not vote for the president must learn to support him, those who did, must learn to criticize him. If Bush wins, i must accept this and hope for the best. But he better unite this country and stop this polarization.

My friend says though that Bush really has no reason to stop this polarization. The race demonstrated how conservative of a nation the U.S. really is. Bush won the popular vote by 3 million votes. The GOP might consider this a sign that people are for the route they took in the election - very much to the right. I fear a retaliation against gays by the right wing and perhaps by the left wing who might blame gays for the loss. Gay marriage was put into the spotlight and i really do believe it played a major role in people's voting behavior. In Ohio, Issue One, the gay marriage ban, propelled the left vs right wing issue into the state causing bush to win despite the economic loss here. Issue one passed 62 to 38. Most republicans voted yes for it and it was split between democrats and unaffiliated.

I'm optimistic though. Bush better show some damn good STRONG and STEADY leadership and restore my faith in the nation. And i believe in people keeping their word. Bush said he was for civil unions (perhaps a last minute plea for votes). It is only when he does not keep his word that i will lose faith in equal opportunity in the U.S.

Other than that, from here on, NO MORE TALK OF POLITICS FOR ME.

5. ExDelayed

ExDelayed New Member

I learned to support him in the last four year. I refuse to do that again. :squint:

6. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

Wow, you are acting like they're going to make homosexuals wear pink triangles and send them to camps or burn them at stake. We're still walking and talking--but something isn't working if we're "being set back." Possibly the movement needs to find some new directions and new strategies.

7. Sam Gamgee

Sam Gamgee Every tool is a weapon if you hold it right. OT Supporter

exactly.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt last time he won.

And he has lost my respect.

GWB is not my President.