A&P Well That was a bit of a disappointment.

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Primal, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Primal

Primal Pavement Killer

I was so happy today, my new lens arrived. I had ordered a Sigma 70-300mm APO lens from 47st Photo, I wanted it for a hiking trip this weekend.

Anyway it arrived today and I take it out of the box, go to remove the covers and written on the cap in big letters "FOR NIKON". :squint: Nothing against Nikon, but I have a Canon.

So I called up 47st Photo and though they will make it right I was hoping to have the lens by this weekend and they will not ship out the right one until they receive the Nikon one back (which is understandable). A shop about an hour and 15min south of me has a Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 Di LD, for a little less money.

Would you recommend getting it or wait for the Sigma? I have read the reviews on the Sigma and it seems like a great lens for the money so that is why I went with it. I have not been able to find much about the Tamron. I am not a pro, I just like to shoot for fun and play around in photoshop.
    Thanks you for listening and any advice.

2. Mutombo

Mutombo New Member

That's a bummer. I don't know much about teles in that price range, but another to look at is the Canon 55-250 IS. I've heard pretty good things about it, and it looks like it's only about $50 more than the sigma you bought.

3. vwpilot

vwpilot New Member

If you really need it, offer to pay for the Canon version so they can send it out asap, then have them do a refund when they receive the Nikon one back.

4. 1.8

1.8 Guest

Just wait for the sigma. It's a slow lens and the AF is almost painful but it's very sharp.

5. Primal

Primal Pavement Killer

Thanks for the comments guys. I think I will wait for the Sigma. I have heard it is slow, but worth it. Thanks again. :cool:

6. 1.8

1.8 Guest

[​IMG]

Mine did that :dunno:

7. asdfbunk

asdfbunk A Member OT Supporter

this.

try to get them to cover shipping since it's completely their fault :x:

8. mobbarley

mobbarley Active Member

did you order a canon version? don't take their mistake, tell them you want the lens by the weekend :dunno:

9. _T_

_T_ OT Supporter

That suks, if it was their mistake you should have them compensate you somehow! I have the Tamron and the Canon, satisfied with both, a friend of mine has the Sigma and he's satisfied as well. So either way you are safe.