A&P Well, taken the advice to wait a month or so, i think ill buy D20 instead of d10 now

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Dnepr, Aug 20, 2004.

1. Dnepr

Dnepr Guest

I was looking over D20's improvements over d10 and its price range makes it very very lucrative buy for me over a used pro cameras mentioned in previous thread.

I was looking over the packages, and starting to settle down on the 2k package with 17-85mm lense.

What do you all think?

One thing i didnt see is what memory does it use, is it microdrive compatible? What max memory stick can it use?

2. ShackleMeNot

ShackleMeNot MINDSET

The D20 looks great.

If I'm not mistaken the D20 will use the same CF (compact flash) as the D10.
    I'm also not sure but the largest microdrive I've seen is 4 gigs. Seems like a lot of eggs to have in one basket. I'm more of a fan of several smaller cards rather than one big one.

3. mojito

mojito New Member

you really don't want more than a gig if you son't have to. Get like 256 or 512 high speed cards and a portable hard drive or cd burner

the 20D is going to be 8mp instead of 6, and 5 pics/sec instead of 3, faster turn on and proccessing, although it can't process as many RAW images consecutively as the 10D.

It'll be a great cam, not that great of un update fromt he 10D, but for someone moving into their first digi slr, it'd be worthwhile

4. jTranz

jTranz Lost in Translation

The new EF-S lenses look really good too.

5. mojito

mojito New Member

the 10-22 will be good, in theory, but the 17-85 is a step in the wrong direction to me. More slow lenses with image stabilizers. Whatever happened to fast lenses. I'd rather have the 24-70 or 17-40 and 70-200 and be able to open it up when needed

6. XtremeSaturn

XtremeSaturn New Member

If you're still in the Tampa area I would suggest going to North Tampa Photography. Same prices as B&H and Adorama and you can play with the things at the store before you purchase. They've got a great selection of canon stuff as well.

7. Dnepr

Dnepr Guest

I have some connections with Ritz so ill have to go with them. :hs:

8. dmora

dmora Guest

Can your connections hook me up with a D70? :x: