SRS Well, my dad passed away last week.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Tomash, Oct 31, 2007.

1. Tomash

Tomash Active Member

I just wanted to share.
    I've been holding up pretty good these past few days, but I just went through his old pictures and documents and whatnot, and it hit me. I'm never going to see him again.
    :wtc:

2. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

3. Arclight

Arclight Hypercube

That sucks man. :(

:hugot:

4. Dysfnctnl85

Dysfnctnl85 IT/Apple/Rotary/(D)SLR Crew

:hug:

This is the right place for everything you are thinking and feeling. I haven't personally experienced a loss like this, but I'm sure there are others in here who can share their experiences and what helped them get through...

5. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

My deepest condolences on your loss. I know what it's like to lose a parent and it's no fun and can be really difficult.

Everyone grieves in their own way but there doesn't seem to be any way to speed up the process, other than to allow yourself to grieve. Even then, it can take many, many months to get back to "normal". I put it in quotes cuz you'll never be the same but you can go on living and have a wonderful life.

Don't be surprised if your emotions are all over the place....that really is normal. During grief, I've been laughing hysterically at something and the next minute bawling my eyes out. It's goofy as shit and really crazy so try to be good to yourself over the next couple of weeks and months.

6. AlliMae13

AlliMae13 New Member

I personally have not lost someone that close but I know people that have and everyone has grieved in their own way. Dont bottle it all up, let it out when you need to.

7. KatWoman

KatWoman •••••••••••

I'm sorry :hug: I lost my dad when I was 20. Once my family and I started going through his things, the reality of him being gone really hit. Going through someone's stuff when they're gone really drives home the fact you really can't take it with you when you go :hs:

Time will heal, it's just the period from now until you feel OK again that gets rough :hug:

8. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Wow, I'm sorry man. It's weird to see someone prominent from the main forum like you actually being human. Death sucks, I know. I hope everything is ok.

9. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

10. Seeders

Seeders OT Supporter

sorry to hear that. losing someone close is always a strange experience, at least for me.

11. Nick Gerz

Nick Gerz OT Supporter

12. teo

teo . => ? => !

13. marauder

marauder New Member

14. joyceebabe

joyceebabe New Member

sorry about your loss :hug:

15. PC Principle

PC Principle New Member

16. GMtime

GMtime New Member

I'm sorry to hear your loss.:hug:

17. Kirby McSpic

Kirby McSpic New Member

18. Dysfnctnl85

Dysfnctnl85 IT/Apple/Rotary/(D)SLR Crew

What could someone do to make you feel better, honestly? I know someone going through a similar situation and I just don't know what to do to help out...

A little surprise? Your favorite coffee drink at your desk when you get to work in the morning?

19. Legend Zero

Legend Zero OT Supporter

things like that help i think ALOT. my father almost passed away, the thing that hurt the most was the friends i thought who would be there for me were not..and the people that i thought would never be there for me was.. opened me up to a new level of trust with others. :hs:

hang in there man. nothing i can say can make you feel better, but just remember time heals all. :)

20. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

aw tomash :hug: , my sincere condoleances.

I think that unconsiously and consiously you were looking for your father by going thru his documents and finding pictures of him. Although its very understandable and normal , its not the most recommendable thing to do. You haven't even given yourself the time to heal from the emotional pain, nor processed the passing of your father to begin starting to look at his pictures again, your emotional wounds are quite severe and open at this moment, cutting into them even deeper by bringing constant reminders of your father will only give you uneccessary additional pain by self inflicting more emotional wounds by looking up everything that reminds you of him.

Im not saying you should forget him, im just saying that it might be better to give yourself more time to emotionally heal, before you try and are ready to look at his pictures again.

21. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

:sadwavey: My mom passed away almost 2 years ago and everyday it seems like she's still here or she just died yesterday... :sad2:

22. Swift

Swift http://www.bounceweb.com

My condolences :sadwavey:

23. tenxia

tenxia OT Supporter

sorry to hear that tomash

24. essejgnad

essejgnad poopty pangts

25. AtoorayasGrl

AtoorayasGrl New Member

:sadwavey: I hardly ever post, but I had to respond to this because I'm going through the loss of my mom. Yesterday was exactly 2 months since she's passed away at the age of 60. I guess what I can say now is to surround yourself with family, loved ones, and friends. It helps a ton. What sucks though is that eventually everyone will go back to work and do this and that. That is when you have to be stronger than ever and just be around the people that keep you happy. My suggestion would be not to hold back your feelings. You have to let it all out because that is the only way of somewhat getting through this. I have not gotten through my moms death... when it first happened I had fucked up graphic dreams of her for a week straight. I couldn't concentrate and I started picking fights with people who were the closest to me. I guess we all have our own way of dealing with things. I still think about my mom every single day...every minute and wonder if she's looking down upon me. This is the toughest thing that you will have to go through and believe me, it will make you stronger than ever. I just got back from Poland 2 weeks ago to bury my mom so I didn't really have any closure until now. As for looking at the pictures of your dad.... I was afraid to look at pictures of my mom at first because I just knew I would loose it. I let a couple of weeks go by until I finally was able to look at the pictures and cry with tears of joy and sorrow because I knew that she was able to live her life and she was very beautiful, yet it killed me to know that she will never be in life like she once was. Ugh...I'm getting teary eyed typing this out, but I guess my whole point is to just surround yourself with people, work, etc. and come on here and vent all you want. Look at my previous posts on here...I've done it as well.

PM me...seriously... if you need to vent. :hs: