Well i've got my CCNP BSCI test monday.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by ds3, Jan 30, 2004.

1. ds3

ds3 Guest

Wish me luck.

btw, if anyone else out there is studying for ccnp certs, dont even bother with testking. I've looked at it cause i thought it couldnt hurt, but i've found so many questions that are wrong that im throwing it out. However the cram master test program is really good.

2. DSHR

DSHR Well-Known Member

I was suppose to take my CCNA Cert when I graduated from HS :o

Two years later their still offering all the people passed a voucher until the end of this summer :)

We were the pilot program. I'm so out the loop I need to start studying again :hs:

G'luck with your test :bigthumb:

3. Penguin Man

Penguin Man Protect Your Digital Liberties

I wish we had that kind of program here. My school used to offer some decent programming courses and even a networking course, but then we had the programming teacher switch schools to make more money and the new programming teacher (who wasn't nearly as good) get laid off (along with about 400 other teachers in the district). Now we have an English teacher teaching programming :ugh:

Good thing I did my AP comp sci last year ;)

4. ds3

ds3 Guest

Thanks.

I did cisco in high school a couple of years ago as well, but my teacher was a fucking idiot, he was a programmer but barely and had his head up his ass. Not saying that programmers can't do networking, but i prefer having teachers that are more in the network field and only dable in programming (to be blunt, thats a big FU to progamming, j/k ;) ).

But if you really wanted to pursue networking as a career, i would not recommend self study, unless you are already in the IT biz, or just happen to know enough that you really think you can tackle CCNP. Even then you'd need to find lab time somewhere or set your own up at home. But i honestly recommend taking atleast a diploma at your local college, univeristy, or polytechnic school.

5. DSHR

DSHR Well-Known Member

In highschool we had this female teacher who wasn't even certified.

She quit her job and changed my Cisco grade and I almost didn't graduate from HS because of her.

My senior year we had a good teacher. He had all kinda of certs also taught as a professor for many years.

He wasn't certified to teach us semester 3 or 4 so we had to wait to our second quarter to begin.

I was only 17 when I graduated hs and took a year off traveled etc.

I'm finally going to Devry in March to persue a degree in Information Technology or Telcommunications :o

As of now I work for my step-dads company medical practice as an "IT Admin" :)

And we're in the process of starting another business :eek3:

I've got a good bit of connections so I'm going to try to finish school as quick as possible.