well, It seemed like a good idea.....

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by alwayz, Oct 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alwayz

alwayz OT F+N lurker crew

I have gotten back into lifting the past few months and eating constantly to gain as much mass as possible(I started at 144lbs almost 3 months ago and I am up to 153 now). A couple of my office mates have been noticing this and make comment here and there about them being a little overweight. Both of these guys are 225/250, in their 30's and carrying a little more weight than they care to.

So, as they are sipping their mountain dews and eating microwave extra butter popcorn, I make them a wager, a 'biggest loser' of sorts. I bet them that by thanksgiving, I will gain more weight than they will lose, using percentages ofcourse.

We all tossed a 20.00 in the pot and away we go. I don't really care if I win, I just want to see these guys eat a little healthier. Here is where it all goes wrong.

Monday, salads for them both. good to go.
    Tuesday, cabbage soup and hard boiled eggs:ugh: Them heating up lunch was bad, 3pm was worse:fart:
    Today, they brought carrots, broccoli and cauliflower to snack on and one guy ate bean burritos for lunch. It's going to be a long 2 months.

cliffnotes:

I'm trying to gain weight
    2 guys trying to lose
    I'm betting against them
    the office now smells like rotten assholes from 12-4pm m-f

2. Phineas Q Stork

Phineas Q Stork Active Member

don't worry, they will break down and start binging

3. kit99bar

kit99bar USPA Class 2, weak, old man!

you're mainly adding fat to your body by bulking so quickly. A recent thread had a great article about bulking. Several people here to gained a ton of weight over a short time (1 year or so) regretted it.

4. alwayz

3 pounds a month is quickly? My diet is pretty clean:o

5. Devil

Devil I have become my terror. OT Supporter

1-1.5 lb a week is ideal, so not that isn't quickly if it's working

6. crucialkc

crucialkc the earth is flat

you're fine, don't listen to kit99bar. he's saying that if you gain like 3 pounds a WEEK then you need to read that article. keeping about 1/2lb or 1lb a week is good

7. kit99bar

kit99bar USPA Class 2, weak, old man!

opps I thought you wrote something about wanting to bulk faster, I just reread and you don't even care about gaining weight faster at all.

8. alwayz

it was probably the

line. I plan on sticking with the 3lbs a month theory till I get to 170ish. I think that will be a good weight for me:) My daughter just turned 15 so I need to look atleast a little threatening to the guys that want to take her out:squint:

9. crucialkc

crucialkc the earth is flat

you're 150lbs? holy shit....................... make sure she doesn't date anyone on her high school's football team then... or well, anyone from high school then........

10. alwayz

:rofl: Her last boyfriend is on the football team. Great kid. I think I was more upset that they broke up than she was. Ah well. We get along with all her friends....they like to hang out at our house. So I don't really have to worry too much about keeping them inline, as far as I know:eek3:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.