Well, I'm no longer married

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by ElChupacabra, Oct 8, 2007.

1. ElChupacabra

ElChupacabra we should have fucking shotguns

Divorce was granted about an hour ago. Just thought I'd say...

2. RougeOgre

RougeOgre FS Librarian and MOD

Good luck!!! It is never easy with kids involved and it will keep you on your toes.

3. Bugalu

Bugalu OT Supporter

so, how do you feel?

4. BornToFly

BornToFly New Member

Good Luck.

how long were you married?

5. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

What happened with that crazy little girl?

6. verdiocchi

verdiocchi Oh snap!

I never know what to say in situations like this. I hope it works out for the best!

7. ElChupacabra

Well, we have 2 kids, 12 (b) and 16 (g), and I have them. We are joint managing conservators, but I am the primary which means I get to decide where they live. She pays me child support and for their insurance which I provide.

What happened? I can't rightly say. She has been a victim all her life and finds the worst in everything. At this point, she is drinking a fifth of whiskey every two days and smoking 2-3 packs of cigarettes a day. She knows she made the wrong choice, and she can't stand it. Down side for her is, she's not going to be proven wrong. After 3 years of being apart and no sex (the 6 months we lived together last year, she had no problem walking around the apartment in a thong and bra, or the 2 months after her car wreck, she had no problem getting buck naked for me to give her 2 hour massages even though she had no interest in sex...).

At any rate, I'm done being her door mat. I may have waited six months too long to file (I wanted her to file so she couldn't say I divorced her) because the girl I want to ask out has a boyfriend now.

8. ElChupacabra

Oh, and it went against everything in me to do it, because I said for better or worse, and I meant it. She just gave up and pushed me out.

9. Dreams2Reality

Dreams2Reality saywhat

If you can tell yourself you did all you could, then well, it is for the better. I'm sure you let her know the situation, the likable outcome, and the "what if". You did your part, don't look back.

Good luck man, I'm sure you'll be fine.

10. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

At least you stuck around for as long as you did and tried everything you could to make it work... sometimes people just change (for the worse) and they just don't want to change back... It is a sad reality of life.

Best of luck with your future adventures and hopefully your ex-wife can get her act together for the children.

11. Slick

Slick New Member

grats?

12. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

seems like the divorce was needed :dunno:

good luck to you though

13. Peyton Manning

Peyton Manning I love your mom a whole, whole lot.

i dont know what to say... congrats or sorry this shit happened

14. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

That is the biggest load of bullshit when there are kids involved. I am a product of parents that stayed together basically for the kids because they took a vow. And I know that everyone says their family is fucked up, but my entire family is at war with each other member. Except me, everyone loves me :mamoru:

But honestly, a lot less damage would have been done if my parents would have actually used their heads and divorced when I was a kid (instead of me and my siblings growing up and telling my parents they need to divorce ASAP-which they did).

People do get divorced to easily it seems, however lots of people stay together that shouldn't and create unhealthy enviroments for their children to

15. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

I agree.

People divorce way too easily now. People expect instant gratification and expect love to be perfect and require no work. That is total bullshit.

Just the same though, some couples just "need" to get divorced and staying together can actually do MORE damage to the family than seperating. Some people get married too soon/too young and others have a s/o change in a way that makes retaining the relationship hard... Sometimes it is just better to cut the string if all other options have been exhausted.