Well im done. Critiqe, make fun whatever

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by TwistedMind, Feb 12, 2006.

1. TwistedMind

TwistedMind New Member

For the time being anyways. I still need 4 components for my doors but it isnt in my budget right now. 2-3 months if that long [​IMG]

Anyways for anyone whos interested this is whats going to happen today -> friday Providing UPS or whoever ED uses gets here on time.

Around 4 o clock this after noon im pulling my junk JVC HU and installing a Pioneer deh-p6500 HU w\line driver.

Right after that im pulling my stock Infinity Gold amp and installing a Legacy 400W 4 channel amp [​IMG] Until I can afford a nine.4 or whatever I decide to go with. I would like to skip this step but my HU has had the pre amp removed for more volts. So its legacy or no door speakers. Im also going to be running 14 GA wires to my 4 door speakers.

Monday I start construction on my new Ported box for 2 x 12's 3.0 cubes of goodness.

Tuesday\Wednesday I will be installing my new nine.1 [​IMG] Depending on ups.

Thursday\friday I should be finishing my box and installing my new 13o.v2's into it once again depending on ups. Immediatlly followed by bolting the box into my rear cargo area of my jeep to stop thieves.

If all goes as planned I should be doing some break in on Saturday. Then its time for [​IMG]

So what do you think? Its the best system I could put together for my budget of 1000 dollars. Or so I feel. Would you make changes anywhere?

Ill be running 5ga power \ grounds 3x rcas and its all going into a 95 jeep grand cheerokee

I spent right at 900 dollars as of now I still need to buy the MDF 3\4" tomarrow which should run about 23 dollars and then pay my buddy 60 bucks to help me do all the wireing.

2. nickgonzo

nickgonzo oh ya

Line driver... I dont see why, those pios have decent preouts. Just level match properly and you wont need it. Coulda used that money you spent on the line driver and that crappy ass Legacy to get a decent 4channel off ebay. I see QUALITY 50x4 amps going for like 50 bucks alll the time. (until you get the nine.4, then u can sell the 50x4 on ebay for little or no loss)

Other than that I think ED is a good choice for amps and speakers. :thumbup:

3. Ronin

Ronin Guest

i agree with nickgonzo on all points

gonzo were you ever on sounddomain awhile back perhaps under the name Dr Gonzo?

i believe i remember seeing a member under that name and i find it to be a funny coincidence that you are on here talking car audio if you are someone else.

4. TwistedMind

TwistedMind New Member

I spent 80 dollars on the HU\Line Driver and Legacy
    I bought the radio off my friend and he removed the preamp so theres nothing I can really do about it.

I still have crappy infinity gold door speakers so I dont really think a " better" amp is necissary at this time.

A question though since I have about a month or 2 until I upgrade my doors to components what brands should I be looking at? I already know I want a aluminum domb tweeter. Other than that I am not sure. Should I stay with ED or look at some other brand?

budget is going to be 250 a PAIR I need 2 pairs

5. Arc

Arc New Member

I have the nine.4 and a set of eDi's and I love em.

Tell me what you think of the oV.2's and the nine.1 that is my next buy (as soon as I sell the JL's)

6. nickgonzo

nickgonzo oh ya

I was on the sounddomain for a while.. liked thier chat for a while (2002)

Now I spend most my time on EliteCarAudio.com, CarStereos.org, and DIYMobileAudio.com

(I've seen this Dr. Gonzo fella and its not me I always go by nickgonzo :) )