A&P Well i got a Canon 300D

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by quid, Jan 25, 2007.

1. quid

quid I Piss Excellence OT Supporter

Traded my G4 mac mini for it. Silver, with the lens that came with the kit, one battery, 512 CF card, and the Verticle battery grip.

i have some practicing to do.

and apparently it has some hacked firmware so it can do some 10D stuff :dunno:

2. toeshoes

toeshoes Guest

3. turbodude

turbodude Just a photographer OT Supporter

cool congrats.

4. Curren$y

Curren$y New Member

Cool. Post some pictures up

5. tenplanescrashing

tenplanescrashing Active Member

wow, I would have kept the computer...that camera is horribly slow in startup, wake from sleep and very cheap feeling.

6. fatass

fatass New Member

agree, definetly feels like the 4-5 year old camera that it is... but if the OP likes it then he won't mind saving up for a better camera. It's still a very decent beginners DSLR

7. JaimeZX

JaimeZX Formerly of :Sep 2001: fame - Also: Sprout Crew OT Supporter

Congrats. :)

8. mandarin orange

mandarin orange OT Supporter

good beginner DSLR. A year or so ago my first DSLR was the 300D too. I liked it cause i was a beginner. But yeah.. slow turning on and slow start-up.. a bit noisier than the newer canon SLRs but nothing major.

9. quid

i should say the whole story, i upgraded to a new computer... now have the intel version. so rather than sell the thing, i figured id get a camera. ive wanted something more than a point and shoot for a while, and i can probably learn a lot despite how slowly it starts.

ill post something when i shoot something decent haha.

10. tenplanescrashing

still...

j/p, have fun with it

11. quid

thats the plan :wiggle:

horrible, but as long as im here, this was taken with it.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 29, 2007
  12. Toyman321

Toyman321 New Member

I've got a 300d with the same firmware hack/upgrade. It allows you to shoot an iso3200, better flash metering and a bunch of other extra options which can be accessed on the 4th menu page at the bottom labeled "custom functions"

These camera have their downsides when put up against the newer higher end DSLR's but but I still use mine quite frequently. The kit lens isn't the greatest but that can be taken care of. Have fun with it :)

13. quid

yea, the guy i traded with is actually a good friend of mine. he gave me a printout of all the shit he added, and before i got it there had probably been 300-400 shots taken with it.

the way i see it, i gave up a computer i was going to sell for ~400-450, got the camera, bag, 512CF, battery grip. sure the newer ones are better, but thats the story of my life. i wasnt even looking for a camera, but what the fuck, ya know. ive always liked photography, and if it gathers too much dust i can just sell it.

:wiggle: its def an upgrade from my IXY3 (SD30) which was an upgrade from the SD20 i had.

14. Frank N. Beans

Frank N. Beans I hate BMW's OT Supporter

Who cares how long it takes to boot up or how it feels? It isn't a damn sports car.......its a freaking camera. And the 300D has about a 1 in 1,000,000 chance of being chosen by a career photographer.......so your critisizm is useless.

Obviously this guy wanted a DSLR, and he chose a great one to start with. The 300D was also my first DSLR. I have about 300gig of pics from my 300D, and just have decided to upgrade. Once you get the hang of it, and get some good glass.........you'll be taking pics that the majority of the haters will give you props for. :mamoru:

15. tenplanescrashing

the start up time is very important, especially from sleep. this was a huge decision maker for me when I was in the market for a DSLR and if you've noticed, they've done a lot to improve this. ever wonder why it is part of the specs of the camera? that is one of the reasons.

and I know several people who shoot w/ a 300d as their "career" camera.