Well I didn't see this coming.

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Boosh Dag, Jan 31, 2010.

1. Boosh Dag

Boosh Dag Guest

Hey Vag :wavey:

So I'm living in Nashville now and have been for the last year. I've been doing a long distance thing with my girlfriend who I met while I was living down in Orlando. I moved here last Feb and about 5 months after that she moved up to Michigan to take care of her terminally ill father. So we see each other every other month or so and it was pretty alright. So this November comes around and we go to NJ together to have thanksgiving with my family. We have a great time, shes a big hit with my family and i pop the lets move in together question.

Shes totally down, I'm totally down and I go back to Nashville and find us an AMAZING two bedroom apt in a great part of Nashville.

Fast forward to January 1st.

I move into the place and she is moving down in mid Feb, we are both on the lease and I'm spending all sorts of money getting the place ready for the two of us. So everything is on track and then yesterday hits.

I call her to say hi and she tells me that two days ago she was offered her dream job. She would be dancing, with creative control in a year round production and making some serious cash. This is what she has ALWAYS wanted to do as a classicly trained dancer and a former entertainer at Disney and Universal (where we met). So shit...

She said she has been crying trying to figure out what to do since she found out and isn't sure what to do. Seeing as I ditched her for the same reason to move to Nashville I really do understand. I told her she can't not take the opportunity and move down here now. If she does she is going to start resenting me for it and going to wonder what if for the rest of her life.

We haven't really decided on anything yet but if the job really turns out to be what she wants I'll break up with her before I let her shoot herself in the foot and move down here with me.

I told her already if she decideds to take the job I won't hold her to the lease and I've decided if she stays were breaking up. Its already been a year long distance and if shes starting a career in Michigan I'm not doing it any longer.

Most of me is really upset and numb, but part of me, and I hate to say this, kind of feels like this is a get out of jail free card. I've never lived with a girlfriend before, much less a girlfriend whos a transplant and doesnt know anyone in a new town.

I dunno, I'm feeling really :wtc::hs::hsd::noes:

I talked to my dad and hes being totally cool about helping me with rent because I can't afford this place by myself. I dunno what just happened...

2. Toroweedeater99

Toroweedeater99 Registered E-thug

Damn, that is a shitty thing to go through but you did the right thing. Find a roommate and party like it is 1999. Keep your head up and know that its all stuff that can be taken care of.

"Determination is pushing me, Perseverance is what i bleed"

3. Boosh Dag

Boosh Dag Guest

I cant have a roommate, its on my lease. The only reason she was willing to rent me the place was because we were a couple. I really don't want to take money from my parents, but I really really don't want a roommate besideds a GF anyway. so I dunno :hsd:

Thanx for the pep talk though :hs:

4. Toroweedeater99

I was in your situation about 6 months ago where I needed a couple dollars to get my truck fixed and my dad just took the truck and got it fixed and paid for it. About a month ago I took him to the bank under false pretenses (told him I was paying on one of my loans) and paid off one of his loans that was about the same amount as the car repair. I said" I told myself that once I got better in a financial situation I was going to pay you back." He said,"I know what you were going through and I was happy to share and you didn't have to pay me back." i said"no I appreciated what you did and don't you ever steal my truck."

5. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

:( I guess I don't really understand why you guys would break up. Are you both so established that neither of you would be able move eventually?

Just seems like a bummer to break up with a girl you love :hs:

6. Boosh Dag

Boosh Dag Guest

shes going to be starting a career in michigan, our lives are going in separate directions. I'm trying to start a career in nashville, I am not moving to Michigan. What else is there to do? :dunno: :wtc:

7. Toroweedeater99

I would ask you if you were in a different town at your dream job for 2 months when your boyfriend who is further than a car drive gets sick and is hospitalized. You ask work if you could leave and they say "If you do you wont have a job when you get back". Were do you go from there?

8. Lucky Penny

Noooo, you're right. It just suuuuucks. :(

It's her dream job though. She's got to take it.. :hs:

ughwtflaaaaaaame. I'm sorry babe :hug:

9. Lucky Penny

If he was seriously sick or injured I'd tell them to go fuck themselves and I'd find another job when I got back.

If he was sick or injured but he was okay (like if he has some outpatient surgery or something) and he had someone to take care of him when I wasn't there then I'd just work it out. Drive or fly in on the weekends.

10. Boosh Dag

Boosh Dag Guest

if there was any reason for her to bail on me, this is really the only one I cant fault her for at all. Dunno if that makes it easier or worse...

11. Toroweedeater99

But how long could you keep that up for? Wouldn't it be easier to deal with the pain of breaking up than being put in a situation where you might have to tell someone you love that your dream job/carer is more important and that you can't take stress of being with someone who has a chronic illness?

12. Lucky Penny

:hsd: Easier in that you can walk away knowing that no one is to blame- this is just the way the cards fell. No hurt feelings. No animosity. No he-said she-said jaded heartbreak. To be able to walk away saying "I love ya babe, we had a good run but I gotta go.." that in itself is refreshing.

It doesn't lessen the suck factor any; losing your love is always shitty, but at least you don't have to deal with the drama and confusion that comes with a typical break up :hsd:

13. Toroweedeater99

She ain't bailing on you she is just following her dream. Like the saying says "If you let something go.........." But you understanding and not making it a soap opera :bigthumb:

14. Boosh Dag

Boosh Dag Guest

:hsd:

15. Boosh Dag

Boosh Dag Guest

well I did the exact same thing to her when I moves to Nashville. I wasnt paying half rent though... I bought us a bed and a tv and stuff for the walls she was going to like. And now shes never going to even set foot in this place. I found this place for us and shes never even going to see it... that bums me out.

/pity party.

I'm stuck at work and super bored, and want to call her but don't know what to say, sorry im so fucking emo.

16. Boosh Dag

Boosh Dag Guest

well... just talked to her on the phone. Officially broken up. Shes calling tomorrow to transfer this months rent over and then thats it. going to black list her on my phone for quite some time i think.

this sux.

17. Dahlia

Dahlia Active Member

:wtc::wtc::wtc::wtc: This is such a sad story to me. I couldn't imagine being in your position.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

18. HopasaurusRex

HopasaurusRex Okay, now what the fuck do you want?

Not that I expect it to make you feel any better, but you're doing the right thing. It sounds like you are both young and trying to establish yourselves as people and that really should be your priority right now. Just make sure you part on a positive note, file it in the back of your mind, and get down to business. If the career is important enough for you to choose it over her, you should be plenty distracted.

19. _A_

_A_ New Member

sucks man :(

20. HopasaurusRex

HopasaurusRex Okay, now what the fuck do you want?

ob la di, ob la da, life goes onnnnnnnnnnnnn

21. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Sorry sweetie :sadwavey: I think it's incredibly huge of you to tell her to follow the job, because I personally think that's what she should do, but I understand how fucking hard that would be for you in terms of a LDR. Good luck with whatever happens :hs:

Can I ask what she did at Universal? I remember you worked there, but I'm just curious what part she worked at.

22. Boosh Dag

Boosh Dag Guest

yeah, this was my reasoning and hers as well. Just fuck, 7 days away from her moving down here and all of a sudden not happening.

23. Boosh Dag

Boosh Dag Guest

I was the stage tech for the Barney show and she was BJ, the yellow dinosaur. Had a crush on her as soon as I met her. :hsd:

24. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

:hs: My friend Ben worked at the Barney show too, how weird!

25. Boosh Dag

Boosh Dag Guest

To be my own devils advocate. I was absolutely terrified of her moving down here and had lots of reservations and times when I thought, I have to call this off, this isn't the right decision. While I'm emo and I was totally blind sided by this, if I think about it totally honestly, I don't think our relationship would have lasted a year of us living together, and with the way shes been talking to me on the phone I don't believe she thought so either.

Now that its actually happening though I super :( about everything. But ultimately this maybe what we both need and subconsciously wanted on the inside.