SRS Well... I did it

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by DrK_Mrk_iV, Feb 11, 2005.

1. DrK_Mrk_iV

DrK_Mrk_iV OT Supporter

I dumped my girlfriend of 5 months tonight. She had been dragging me down, taking time away from my friends and family. I wasn't enjoying time with her and didn't find her too terribly attractive. She cried and told me she loved me. I really don't know how I feel. But I do know I can't and won't go back to her. Any ideas on how to go about this? This is the first girl I've dumped. I didn't love her and don't feel anything towards her, but don't want to regret this in a few days. What do I do?

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

I want you to 'Think before you act'.

It's a pretty popular slogan where i am from, it means you reconsider before you go into a situation. Pretty much said it yourself, if you don't love her then why step into a relationship to begin with? It has to go two ways, and it involves more then just sex or affection . It always needs to be filled with love going both ways, otherwhise you better step out of it , as you did. Just try to keep this situation as a kind reminder and lesson that you shouldn't go braking people's heart by going into a relationship when there's only void and emptyness in your heart for that other person, just say NO when they want a relationship when you have no feelings for them. It maybe harsh, but it's a lot harsher as you can see to jump out of if you let her seed feelings for you that grow until its to late. So you can't make up this broken heart, but you can learn from this and avoid it possibly in the future.

3. I support the decision you made.

4. brokenrobot

brokenrobot Guest

Good choice.

5. KatWoman

KatWoman •••••••••••

You can't force yourself to stay with someone who you don't feel anything for :hs:

6. BBQ Monster

BBQ Monster New Member

If the love was not there then you did good. She is probably broken, but better now then later. Cheer up. :hs: