well fuck me... my new speakers are awesome...!!!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by violator, Mar 22, 2007.

1. violator

violator New Member

i just bought some KRK RP-5 studio monitors today for $300 out the door at Guitar Center to compare with my M-Audio StudioPro 4 monitors that I got for $149/pr. I really didn't think they would sound much better but had to try them with all the hype surrounding em.

So as soon as I got home, I hooked them up, played a song and thought they sucked. For a second I was highly dissapointed and then I realized that the song I listened to had a bitrate of 128 kbps! I could've sworn it was at least 192 kbps - I couldn't tell with my old speakers :o

So I then played a 320 kbps AAC song (Tool FTW) and it sounded AWESOME. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

kinda makes me wonder if I should get the RP-8's for $500 now... heh...

2. Ignited

Ignited Active Member

never judge speakers by the way they sound the first 2 weeks. Break them in first.

3. fixthe fernback

fixthe fernback New Member

Kind of like what happened with my Grado SR-225s. For the first few days I listened and was like "Yea, these are somewhat better, sounds good, not amazing though"

Then i realized that sound enhancer was on in iTunes. Holy shit, what a difference turning that off was. It was an orgasmic experience.

4. CarRamRod

CarRamRod The schnozzberries taste like schnozzberries.

I <3 my RP-5s :)