MMA Well damn it...broke my hand

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Optamix, Jul 10, 2006.

1. Optamix

Optamix New Member

I was training tonight and I just was wearing 4 ounce opened fingerd gloves. I didn't have my hands taped or wrapped because I didn't think i was going to be hitting hard at all.

I was going pretty good with one of my friends and hit him a bit harder than I ment to, I said I was sorry and he told me that it was my turn. He got me with some hard hammer fists, I threw some elbows..all in good fun you know?

Next thing you know it might have well been a real match. I ended up in side mount and he managed to shrimp into half guard. I postured up some and let go with a flurry(I knew he was about to work his way up and I wanted to get a few shots in). The pinky tarsel(sp? the bone in the top of my hand) popped. I didn't think I hit him THAT hard, it wasn't near 100%. Next thing I know I got swept and ended up taking some hard hammer fists to finish me.

We went 5 times in all, I only won the first one(triangled him). The rest I just mainly got beat on. Hes about 200 though and I'm about 165. He is big enough he can normally just throw me around. I'm happy with my little moments though.

I hope its just a boxers fracture. Its not swollen THAT bad but its bruised and I can't close it or pick anything up. I'm gonna get the Dr. to look at it tomorrow ..

Why can't I stay injury free? :(

2. xinster

xinster New Member

elbows...in good fun....no im afraid i dont know :eek3:

3. Optamix

Optamix New Member

More forearms than anything, wasn't aiming with the actual tip.

4. chechen

chechen Brazilian Jiu Jitsu OT Supporter

my instructors favorite thing to say:

"it's not ballet." with a super thick portuguese accent of course

5. DKKD

DKKD New Member

yea pinky knuckle is a comon boxing injury, my friend's pinky is a quarter of an inch back from where it should be. broke it on some guys skull on a street fight. he started using knees after that one

lol.

anyway healup quick

6. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

Not for me. Never broken anything in the fist. Middle finger knucle is the hitting point and it's never been any other way (althougn there have been a few instances where I accidentlly made force with my second knuckle and bent my fingers so bad that I couldn't use my hand for weeks).

7. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

obviously stay off it for a good while. Good time to practice knees and kicking. Mayble elbows if your hands aren't too mesed up.

8. 2ofdem

2ofdem OT Supporter

Yeah Ive had that happen a few times a few anti inflams, Ice and dont hit with it for a few weeks itll be fine.

9. Optamix

Optamix New Member

Thats what I'm hoping. I've done it twice before on my left hand durring fights but never durring training. This time it hurts a bit more though....:hs:

10. Bausk

Bausk New Member

"We're not here to knit sweaters!" is my favorite, also in an accent.

11. illmatix

illmatix Diamond Studded Member OT Supporter

:ugh: Uh no?

If he broke his metacarpal, he's out for more than a few weeks. Hope it's not too bad though. If it is though, welcome to the club :sadwavey: I had to have surgery and my right hand straight has never been the same. Its been almost two years since I broke mine, and it looks like I'm about to have my second surgery on it. :wtc:

12. Tony Montana

Tony Montana Guest

i bet its gonna be the carple bone damage, i snapped mine...thought it was a boxers fracture but nooo it fufcking broke :wtc:

13. Tony Montana

Tony Montana Guest

i broke my carple next to the pinkie, i already had my surgery..its not bad thank god im right handed cuz its on my left. im hoping its not bad as it is. besides i gotta go back to work stocking shit and work out after 4-6 weeks.

been almost 2 weeks since the surgery. i cant form a fist yet...i wonder how long that will take. or let alone lift my finger wiht no support. :wtc:

14. Optamix

Optamix New Member

I've been icing it and taking some ibuprophen. The swelling is down some and I have a little movement out of it now(for instance, I can type with it today). I still can't make a tight fist or straighten it all the way out. But when I make a fist and push on it it doesn't hurt...its really odd. I dont know what the hell I did to it.

I'm prob gonna be dumb and tape it and train again tonight and see how it feels.

15. illmatix

Go get an x-ray or risk permanent damage

16. illmatix

It took me 6 weeks before I could even make a real fist, but I broke mine pretty bad. Some breaks take 6 months before you can start training on them. I was out of the gym for 4 months.

17. Kuet

Kuet New Member

thats cause your inexperienced with your left hand , i cant believe you broke your hand, bro :noes: oh well heal fast , take a class. hey you really should if you like fighting ( you do ). im gonna sign up at a place. ill take you .... yes ? no ?

18. Maestro Nobones

Maestro Nobones Great Job! - GLAD DADS CREW

my favorite one to use is "that's why we call it martial arts, and not interpretive dance"