A&P Well, at least these night shots came out a *little* better than the last ones i did

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by BlackWRX02, May 2, 2003.

1. BlackWRX02

BlackWRX02 OTs Cingular Guru

Ok so I went to take pictures tonight. They would have come out better w/o the bushes in the background I think. I just wish there was a place like this where the skyline in the background was closer. its just too far off i think :sad2:

some are not "night" photos, most were taken at dusk. You can see I still am having problems with the REDNESS in the darker pictures. I guess it doesn't help that the lights around where I'm shooting are amber street lights. :uh:

[​IMG]
    This was an accident, someone drove in front of me..wasn't paying attention
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My favorite i think:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Jcolman

Jcolman OT Supporter

Not too bad. You're getting better. You've discovered what we call "magic hour", i.e. the time just after the sun has set. The light is really pretty then.

Using a flash to fill in the shadow side of your car would really help. It would also give you correct color to help off-set the amber street lights. Also, like you said, finding a spot without bushes would improve the picture as well.

I like the other cars headlights streaking pass. It adds a lot to the photo. Keep in mind that you can do a long exposure to get the blurry lights while using a strobe to "paint" your car with light. You must use a sturdy tripod to keep your camera absolutly still otherwise you'll end up with a blurred pic.

Cheers
    Jim

3. BlackWRX02

The camera has a "fill flash" option. I'm guessing that would be a good use for it?

4. alverino03

alverino03 Active Member

i like the first and last pic :)

5. Jcolman

Jcolman OT Supporter

Yep. Give it a try, I think you'll be pleased with the results. Just make sure you photograph the car from a slight angle otherwise the flash will reflect right back in your lens. Also, next time you post your pics, size them a bit smaller so it doesn't take forever to load.

Cheers
    Jim

6. TypeSDragoon

TypeSDragoon Guest

1. they are sized small enough
    2. stop whining and go get yourself a broadband connection

7. BlackWRX02

Thanks Jim, I'll give it a try. Didn't think they were really too big to post :dunno:

8. Jcolman

Jcolman OT Supporter

I have roadrunner at home and DSL at work. This site still takes forever to load so I'll continue my whining thank you.

Cheers
    J.

9. TypeSDragoon

TypeSDragoon Guest

i have DSL

this thread took 3 seconds to load including all the pics

cheers

-J

10. Jcolman

Jcolman OT Supporter

I wonder if it's because of the time of day you DL? Maybe it's my computers?? imac and a G-4. This is the only site that seems to take forever to DL. Are there any settings on this forum that make it quicker????

cheers
    J.

11. jk

jk Guest

I like the one with zoom zoom effect.