GUN Weird trigger issue on Glock 19

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by OrionDartanyu, Jan 31, 2008.

1. OrionDartanyu

OrionDartanyu I don't think I'm as revolutionary as Galileo, but

So building up to my CCW class, I've started open carrying on rare occasions, but am keeping 15+1 at all times. (No kids in the house, no one ever comes in)

Once a day I unload my chambered round and cycle the round down the bottom of the mag and dry fire (mag out) and then reload.

9 times out of 10 it works just fine, but that odd occurance (has happened twice in the past week or so) is that after the ammo is completely unloaded, mag is out, and I dry fire... the trigger doesn't give leeway, it breaks right where it's pushed. It's stiff, you push, and it fires there. I hope I described that correctly, but I'm just curious about this... indications of a fault? Only have 303 rounds through it.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2008
  2. OrionDartanyu

Good tips, wasn't sure if i was doing it too much. Hands off for now.

And next time I'm at the range I'll check out their gunsmith (same place I bought it from) hopefully he'll do a viewing free of charge :noes: of course I bet it won't recreate the issue then... it seems to only happen when it's been loaded, cuz I do dry firing practice often and it never happens then...

3. sprite

sprite Active Member

Are you sure it is locked in battery after you clear the chamber? When this happens does the trigger safety move freely, or does it feel "stuck" at the beginnig of the pull?

If the action isn't "closed" / locked in battery, the trigger may not be resetting fully forward. This can cause the trigger safety to hang up on the frame, which would give you the "stiff" feel at the beginning of the trigger pull, and the sudden click and release of tension when you've finally applied enough force to cause the trigger safety to pivot and disengage the frame.

If you're working the slide slowy to clear the chamber, once you're sure it is clear do a full on "sling shot" of the slide, or lay swift smack on the rear of the slide to make sure the action is locked into battery before you start dryfiring.

4. OrionDartanyu

what do you mean by "locked in battery"??? :confused:

The slide is all the way forward, it's a nice fast action of the slide, nothing slow...

5. sprite

sprite Active Member

If the slide is all the way forward and the action is locked up tight then its "in battery".

6. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

Sounds like the same thing that'll happen when you manually reset the trigger after dry firing the weapon.