Weird question but I'm curious...

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by kimjongil, Dec 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kimjongil

kimjongil Guest

Does being very muscular increase your chances of surviving blunt trauma or various other types of injuries? Like would it be significantly harder to take out a pro BB with a knife than your average person? Or would they be more likely to survive a car wreck? :hsugh:

2. Gerbonium

Gerbonium OT Supporter

dont know for sure but my guess is yes it probably does help. makes your body harder in general so it probably would

3. Marijuanair

Marijuanair Remember to have your pet spayed or neutered! OT Supporter

Broly guys are like superman, cant hurt em :eek5:

4. toconnx

toconnx New Member

Ofcourse, more muscle in the way to absorb the trauma for your vital organs. Just kinda like you build up stomach muscle to take punches to the stomach better.

5. ACLdestroyer

ACLdestroyer OT Supporter

I started lift to be more durable for snowboarding. It really has helped. I can now ride away from crashes that would have had me injured a couple years ago.

Broly crashing off 80+ foot booters ftw.

skinny crashing ftl.

6. ACURA TL-S

ACURA TL-S OT Supporter

Depends on the type of trauma, a knife or a bullet isn't going to stop for muscle, so it will make no difference other than the fact that a small knife may not make it to vital organs if the muscle tissue is thick enough. As far as a mva or something like that, it may make a small difference, but not much, being fat would probably be better. As far as something like a tackle or a check, it will help alot, especially as the ligaments and tendons strengthen due to lifting.

7. incubimmer

incubimmer New Member

it can prob help initially, but at the same time the REALLY big guys have so much mass its hard for their heart to keep up with them anyway so they are alot more likely to die on the operating table.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.