Weird problem v.dsl modem/switch

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by DigiCrime, Apr 13, 2010.

1. DigiCrime

DigiCrime If Only!

Few months ago my onboard ethernet went out (or I thought it did) and just inserted a PCI ethernet card to use. It started working again when I plugged in a cable by accident some time ago but I went back to my other one because I have these odd problems where I would get no valid IP. Eventually it turned out to be my netgear wireless router..... maybe.

The wireless stops broadcasting sometimes and I have to pull the plug and restart it. The ethernet connections work fine when this happens just wireless gives out. This has been a constant issue so I just called my ISP and got a wireless router from them. I haven't had it two hours and it quits working. I have to hard reset it to get it to work again but quits again. I called ISP and ordered another one but it possible my computer is throwing something out of my ethernet into the network causing my routers/modems to give out?? or just coincidental.

2. caddymac

caddymac New Member

Are your devices overheating?

Anything on the network trying to hand out DHCP addresses?

3. SeeVinceRun

SeeVinceRun Currently In Prison OT Supporter

cable or DSL?

Edit, im retarded and I see the title answered that question. Do you have line filters on? Mine went out a while back, gave me the same symptoms you have.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2010