Weird laptop problem

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Corp, Jul 9, 2006.

1. Corp

Corp OT Supporter

I have a thinkpad t43p, and for some reason sometimes the left alt key will get "stuck". I'll press alt tab or something with the alt key, and afterwards any action I do will be the alt+keypressed action. So if I alt tabbed to trillian and back to firefox then click on a link, it tries to save the link. This only happens with the left alt key, and I have already checked sticky keys, it's off. I'm on a thinkpad t43p running windows xp pro. any help is appreciated.

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

key could just be stuck. Take it off and put it back on... see if that helps. Otherwise, warranty is your friend... call ibm.

3. Corp

Corp OT Supporter

it's through my school so i might take it to them when i have class on monday, but all they'll do is re-image it. and i'm kinka nervous about taking the keys off of the keyboard, dunno if they will go back on easily.

4. lazyjk

lazyjk Uncle Sam wants you for the NEW Freedom Fighters!!

I took off a couple of keys on my dell laptop to clean under them. I ended up breaking just one little very tiny piece of plastic and the key would never stay on after that. Luckily my laptop is under warranty, so they just sent me a new one to put in

5. Corp

Corp OT Supporter

yea, my friend broke some keys off of his mac laptop that the school gave him. they never fixed it for him, the only way he got it fixed was when he eventually switched to a major that has a pc laptop and got an ibm and gave back the powerbook

6. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Take the initiative. Call up IBM, give them the Repair Depot number on the sticker on the bottom of the laptop, and they'll send you a box the next day. Put the computer in the box along with DETAILED instructions of what to do (in this case, specify to replace the keyboard and DO NOTHING ELSE), and they'll fix it and send it back to you in a few days. Don't tell the school.

7. Corp

Corp OT Supporter

i dont think i can live a few days without this :wtc: