Weird graphical problems

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Lateralus, Nov 12, 2006.

1. Lateralus

Lateralus New Member

I'm getting a real weird and annoying graphical problem while playing World Of Warcraft, it doesn't happen at any set time, sometimes it starts after I've played for 15 minutes other times it doesn't start till I've played for an hour or more. I'm only having this problem with this particular game, and nothing else. Instead of trying to explain what it looks like, I'll just post a screenshot and my system setup. Any thoughts or ideas as to what could be causing this are much appreciated.

Pentium 4 3.0 (Prescott)
    Asus P4P-800E Deluxe
    ATI Radeon X800XL
    Turtle Beach Santa Cruz
    Antect True Power 350W

I'd also like to add that I've went through everything I could think of short of reformatting completely. I've updated the drivers for the graphics card, re-installed the game, and defragmented.

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/1882/wowerrorpm0.png

2. Wolf68k

Wolf68k OT Supporter

Does it do it on any other games?
    GFX card could be over heating or dying

Try this. Get ATITool http://www.techpowerup.com/atitool/
    Not only will it monitor your GFX card's temp but you can also use it to stress the card to make it heat up. I think it can log the temps as it's running, but don't me on it.

If you really want to stress the card and be able to see the temps and hopefully see the same issue you've been having; then get rthdribl http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/rthdribl/ plus it gives you something more to look at than ATITool's spinning cube.

3. rsxm5

rsxm5 OT Supporter

Time for a new video card

4. Lateralus

Lateralus New Member

So far it's only happening with Warcraft, I also play Counter Strike, Half Life and have not seen any of these issues happening. I'll give that ATITool a try.

5. Lateralus

Lateralus New Member

Ok I installed the ATITool and ran the scan for artifacts test, after about 3 minutes I started to get the same problem I have been getting while playing Warcraft. I read the scan log file and it showed that there were artifacts detected, so I'm not sure what to do at this point.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2006
  6. Slid.

Slid. I'm a guy.

7. piratepenguin

piratepenguin New Member

:rofl:

My brother used to get something like this playing counter strike with his radeon 9800 pro. He never got it fixed (comp's still sitting there..), but I'd check cooling and such.

Maybe send the graphics card back, if it works with a replacement.