SRS Weird dream #4352644.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by deusexaethera, Apr 5, 2008.

1. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

I was about to get married to this Jewish girl, who of course I was ass-over-teakettle for, and that involved converting to Judaism. So that's what I did, and I looked the part too: black suit, wide-brimmed hat, the beard and glasses that I already have...the works. So it was just before the ceremony, and I was waiting in some little room aside the main part of the temple, studying and reciting some Hebrew something-or-other that I was going to have to say when I went into the temple, when my best man (nobody I know in real life) comes up to me and asks me why I decided to go through all the trouble of converting to another religion that (ostensibly) I don't really believe in. My memory is fuzzy, but my response was something like, "When I realized that she is so valuable to me that the idea of converting so I could marry her didn't bother me at all, I decided I should just go ahead and do it already." Then I woke up.

Like I said, it was a very weird dream. Why marriage? I dunno. Why Judaism? I dunno. I do know I'm a non-practicing Catholic and I never have sex dreams, so maybe this was all my brain had to work with that hadn't been ruled out yet. Or maybe it was a secret message from God. Like I said, I dunno. :dunno:

This isn't an issue per se, just throwing it out there to see if anyone feels like reading the tea leaves.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2008
  2. konrad109

konrad109 New Member

I like dream threads. I get very vivid dreams everytime I fall asleep now. They are a great way to connect with your deep down desires and feelings, and sometimes they even provide you with solutions to some of your real world problems.

3. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

You said that you are a non-practicing catholic, so maybe you're just tired of the label and want to go independent, or find a religion that fits you better

4. illmaceyougood

illmaceyougood New Member

OR maybe you just watched that Seinfeld episode or another similar show.

5. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

IMO many of the stuff in dreams should be ignored, it's just "fluff" if you will and may only confuse the message.

Dreams are personal, the images apply only to us and that's why I laugh at books that try to say, "If you have X, it means Y" which it might but they make it sound like it's absolutely true and never false. But most people I've talked to about dreams can't seem to make these things fit.

So one technique that I've always used that's helped me unlock more meaning from my dreams is to talk about my feelings during the dream. Locations also seem to be a key to helping me unlock some dreams.

So when trying to get more meaning from my dreams, I'll start examing all the elements. You said you didn't know the best man so I'd start there and ask, how did I feel towards him? Was I antagonistic, intimidated, comfortable or what? Did he represent something....such as a bully or a father figure or a close friend?? Then I'd move on to the location asking similar type questions, then move on to the other people in the dream.

It's not as important that you remember the sequence of events exactly....exploring your feelings while in the dream can be sufficient. However for me, I have to discuss them with a disinterested 3rd party that thinks about them the way I do. For some reason, I have difficulty unlocking the really profound messages without help.

6. deusexaethera

I mainly felt nervous and anticipatory, but also that I knew once it was over with, I would be perfectly at ease.

I tend to be pretty cogent in dreams that I can remember that clearly, so I'm kinda leaning towards what I said is the real message. I just wanted to see if anyone else picked up on anything that I was missing.

7. eljefedetonto

eljefedetonto OT Supporter

I had a dream I was fighting off zombies in a mall. But there was a Payless shoe store still open.

I guess I probably should've slowed down on the booze.

8. deusexaethera

Sounds to me like you have a secret love of cute shoes at low low prices, and you'd do anything to get them.

9. eljefedetonto

eljefedetonto OT Supporter

but I go to Kohl's for that :hs: