FRK Weird, Awkward Conversation

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Bubba Atlantis, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Bubba Atlantis

Bubba Atlantis New Member

So, I had an interesting conversation last night. My mother phoned and we began talking and I began to tell her about the Fetish Party that we went to over the weekend. She began to ask a bunch of questions and our conversation evolved from there. I already knew that she swings, but we began to get into mine and Lovely relationship a bit more. We started to talk about the people that Lovely and I have been with and where we are going. We also began to talk about how we pick up people. That was sort of awkward, but it did get more awkward. We began to talk about fetish stuff and about sex toys. I told her about the Eden Fantasy thing that a bunch of the members here do as well as the gifts we got for Secret Santa (Thanks again Razi). Then she started talking about things that she wanted and was asking for sites that she could check out and the products that Lovely and I have liked.

Anyway, to summarize, it was a very weird conversation yet at the same time it was rather nice. I am fairly open about my sexuality and life and my mother and I are fairly open in our conversations, so it wasn't too bad. I was curious if any of you have had similar conversations with family members and if so, what you talked about and how they went.

2. hoppy1028

hoppy1028 New Member

i talk to my mom about sex but just sex, anything else i dont feel comfortable with, she knows the basics and i prefer to keep it that way, sure i'll joke with her but thats it

my dad on the other hand i know i could talk too about it but it hasn't came up so i haven't brought it up

3. Bubba Atlantis

My mother is very interesting. She is very open but at the same time she is not. I mean she comes across as fairly open, but if you start talking about more detailed stuff, she is like ewww TMI!!!! I would presume that has more to do with not really wanting to know the details of your son and daughter in law's sex life. Understandable I guess. It was definitely a little awkward, however, Lovely had talked with her about things in the past and I had a few questions.

Specifically, I need to know how to hit on girls a bit better (been a while on my own) for the next party and I need to get used to being a little more forward/aggressive. I tend to be passive and flirt with girls, but do not move it beyond that.

4. razi

razi New Member

absolutely not. while my mom probably wouldn't care, that's more than I want to know about her. my dad and stepmom... don't want to know either.

ignorance is bliss.

anyway... if the mom unit wants similar toys, pm me.

Paging Vag mods to FS. Paging iwishyouwerebeer to the FS thread. :)

(though let me know what you find out. I'd like to be a little more aggressive without coming off wrong too).

5. Bubba Atlantis

Well the problem with going into vag about this is
    A) Dont' really know any of them
    B) Being more aggressive or assertive in a swinging environment is different than going to a club and trying to pick someone up
    C) I think the whole swinging thing might be a point of debate in Vag and that is not the purpose of my questioning :)

I am chatting with a few regular members about things right now though, and will be contacting a few more (they know who they are ;)).

SIDENOTE: Razi, are we going to do your website at some point. I have been really busy, but have not forgotten. Also, not that I really want to get her one, but my mother showed an interest in your spreader bars and whip. Might have to look at buying something from ya.

6. RougeOgre

RougeOgre FS Librarian and MOD

I don't think this is a Vag topic for a couple reasons:

Most of the chicks at these events expect to get "hit on" to some degree.
    People seem to be pretty open and honest about what is ok and what isn't.

:mamoru:I type slow :mamoru:

Damn it Bubba just ask politely, like you do for me :naughty:

7. Bubba Atlantis

Yeah, I am not fully sure on some things....however, before hijacking this topic, I will just start another shortly :)

8. RougeOgre

RougeOgre FS Librarian and MOD

Back on track... I could maybe see this with the sib but not the parents. Geez, ask any teenager... parents don't have sex :mamoru:

9. Bubba Atlantis

lol yeah...she has been rather open about things with me. I would guess that is specifically the case because she sort of had no choice. She doesn't have a credit card and has had to use mine to pay for some of those adult sites she is a part of. So, I knew about her.

10. hoppy1028

hoppy1028 New Member

but it's very good that you are open about your lifestyle, it seems that since she is comfortable knowing it helps you to share, knowing that she won't think "where did i go wrong", i am close with my parents but not that close but not sure if i would be :mamoru: but i envy that relationship and if it brings you 2 closer than so be it better than having nothing in common and being looked at like a freak by her

11. innerpeace26

innerpeace26 New Member

I wish my family brought me up in a more open environment like that. The only times I've heard words about sex come out of my parents mouths to me were when I had my first serious relationship and my dad uncomfortably said I shouldn't get too involved with boys because of pregnancy lol.

12. Bubba Atlantis

Well, she has been doing this sort of thing longer than I have, so it is an opportunity to get some more information. I think she is/was curious about things with Lovely and I. I made a passing comment at Christmas this year. We were sitting down with my family and I blurted out in front of everyone "If you keep that up, I will beat you.....beyond the point that you like it" I had some bug-eyed looks at that point. I was like...oh opps, forgot where I was.

I do not think I want to know any of her stuff (details wise), so I totally understand the reverse. I think it helps. If anything it is only neutral....it does not hurt. ALTHOUGH, I mentioned the club to her and she said 'oh, I will have to go with you guys next time....seems like a great crowd'. I told him emphatically NO. I don't need my mother there while I am hitting on girls or Lovely is getting rubbed off on the dance floor. Worse yet, I do not need to see the same thing happening to my mother!

13. Bubba Atlantis

Yeah, my family was fairly open. My mother is a proud nudist and would wonder around the house, at times, nude when I was young. I would say a lot of my openness has resulted from my upbringing. However, as I said prior, it is weird because she is open but not at the same time. I guess it is that she is open about generic stuff but closed off about personal stuff. Thus, talking about bondage is okay, talking about bondage you like done to you or to others is not. It is weird and can make things difficult, but meh, better than other options.

Take Lovely for instance. She was given a book when she was young and told to learn what she needed from there. There is ZERO talk about sex or like topics in her household. I could expand on this, but I think I will let her post what she is comfortable with sharing :)

14. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

My mother, if she were alive today, would probably know a fair bit about my sex life but not too much. She was very open and receptive to talk about sex and relationships. I don't know how she would've taken the Kink aspect, I do think she would've accepted it as long as it was safe, sane and concenting.

My father KNOWs i'm a freak, he accepts it, doesn't want the details, but as long as i'm happy and safe, he's ok with it.

Withh my Aunt however, I have discussed the finer points of sexual fetishism, BDSM, Fetish parties and so of the more detailed points of my sex life... not too much info, but enough that she definately gets the drift. she has even wanted to go to some events with me. She accepts and is even curious to get into a bit of the lifestyle as well but not into the deep end. Aslso she knows that Tigre and I are in a Power exchange-ish relationship and she respects it and Sees it as a healthy relationship for the both of us. She's one in my family that I can speak t honestly and clearly about our brand of sex and love and living without her getting freaked out.

15. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

I like my family's dont ask dont tell policy. Keeps us all happy as we all have many different beliefs about life.

16. TigreTek

TigreTek omega member OT Supporter

:eek3: i didn't know this.

17. razi

razi New Member

I know, just giving ya trouble. I can imagine the responses there to "how do I pick up chicks in a swing club?" now... :rofl:

I'll pm ya my email address (I don't remember if you have it), you can pass that along. :)

18. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

She knows but not the full monty

19. Bubba Atlantis

Interesting that your mother and father are so different in that regard.

I do not know how else to respond except that it seems like you had an interesting time growing up. Funny how your mother tried to address things later on. It can be difficult talking with someone about it after so long of NOT talking about it.

*PM response will come shortly btw*

20. Bubba Atlantis

I think I might start up a thread in there with that sort of title. Be completely upfront and honest about it and see what kind of response I get :mamoru:

21. DarkAngel19

DarkAngel19 New Member

Crazy... I would never have that conversation with my mom and she is literally my best friend! My ex's mom used to joke with him about how big his cock was, to the point that I would really have to leave the room. I mean "That's my big boy, I know you have to buy Magnums and they're still tight. I couldn't be prouder of your not-so-little man..." ICK.

But Bubba, sounds like you have a certain relationship with your mom and talking about your sex lives is a little more normal. Probably, that is not the case with many other people on here. I have never even heard my parents have sex, ever, not even once, so clearly they were not keen to risk breaching that when we were kids:)

I talk a ton with my best friend about our sex lives, even about incredibly personal stuff I would never talk about with my SO... for me, it has to be someone really removed from my direct family!!!

But maybe I'M the one who's weird...

;)

DA

22. FallNAngel

FallNAngel ...destroyer of threads...

I've talked about our lack of sex life (that is my wife and I) to my mother some time ago, but it was in very vague generalities. I really don't care what she (or anyone else) knows, but I don't think she'd be all that interested in hearing it... which is how it is with most things with most people. I personally don't care about talking about things, but I always get a huge sense that they just don't want to hear it.