TAT Weird Allergy Question

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by footratfunkface, Jun 18, 2007.

1. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

Okay, I've just this single tattoo since April of '06. I've tried to take good care of it the whole time so far. I don't scrub it, I don't sun it, I don't do anything to it except bathe that area like any other on my body- with Ivory and my hands.

But the ink has started falling out. It started last year sometime, like the middle of the year. It's not faded, it's just GONE. All colors are falling out, but the black is the most apparent. Which brings me to my weird allergy question:

How common is it to develop an allergy to ink? I did not used to, but I do now, occasionally get localized edema exactly following the black ink in my tattoo. It follows the letters precisely, all the black lines, and the large areas of black coloring. It has only ever been part of the tattoo at a time; the whole thing has never swollen up all at once. The areas experiencing the edema also itch like a bitch. I experience no other symptoms urticaria, anaphylaxis, or any other annoying/deadly condition. Just this very precisely localized deal.

Is it something that's decently common? It just comes and goes randomly.

2. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

3. footratfunkface

It's gone back down now. The edema had reduced enough by the time that I posted that it would've been hard to photograph.

4. footratfunkface

Here's a picture of the tattoo. THIS time, it was the lower right corner of the tattoo that itched and swelled in the black ink. No other color has ever swelled or itched. The letters around the tattoo raise up when this happens, just in that area being affected, but most areas of the tattoo have done this at some point, and some more than once.

The bottom of both towers usually does it no matter what part of the rest of the tattoo does it.

A lot of the black ink in the Pentagon and the towers has started to fall out, as has some of the blue. I can't tell if the red has, but I don't think so.

[​IMG]