Weight Loss vs Energy Level?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Brsboarder1, Mar 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brsboarder1

Brsboarder1 New Member

Ok, so I'm planning on starting a diet, in general I eat pretty healthy, nothing too bad in general although too many carbs. I plan on reducing carbs, reducing mayo and eating more chicken/tuna. I eat plenty of salad/vegatables already. My problem is that over the next 5 weeks I'm going to need to be staying up very late studying for my mcats. Usually, I tend to eat more and drink more coffee. I'm afraid that if I start dieting/exercising I'm not going to have enough energy to get me through this. Is that true? When I do exercise, about once every 2 weeks I'm pretty exausted and need a nap afterwards. If I become consistent will that change? I'm on a college campus so I have full access to a gym. Thanks

2. shastaisforwinners

shastaisforwinners OT Supporter

That isn't a question that anyone else will be able to answer for you. You ARE a special and unique snowflake in this instance... you have to try it and see what happens.

3. Brsboarder1

Brsboarder1 New Member

but is there a general opinion that exercise actually increases overall energy?

4. shastaisforwinners

shastaisforwinners OT Supporter

Yes, routine exercise generally increases energy levels... but not in everyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.