MMA weight loss question...

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Nomad, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Nomad

Nomad Active Member

okeydokey....currently i'm weighing in at 176 lbs (give or take a few pounds) and i was just curious if i should think about dropping down to 155 or not....

one reason i want to drop down that far is to just lose all the fucking baby fat i have on me which doesn't seem to want to go away no matter how much i attack it....

i'm roughly 5'11 if that helps at all....

just curious....

thanks dudes...:wavey:

2. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

no one can answer that for you. you should go to whatever weight you feel comfortable. If you feel heavy, then i would say yes, if you just want to lose fat then you need to worry about losing fat and building muscle, not just losing weight.

3. Nomad

Nomad Active Member

thanks....i figured i might as well see what others thought....i've already dropped ~15lbs since may so i'm enjoying being skinny/slim again....

4. adrenalin112

adrenalin112 New Member

go for it, but take a nice slow hard earned road to it. no reason to crash diet without a fight/tournament coming up.

5. bpa00

bpa00 New Member

5'11 176lbs doesn't seem too big to me... 155 would be REALLY skinny for you... Maybe you should try dropping to around 165?? Not sure if you fight, but at that weight you could cut down to 155 if you wanted to...

6. Bausk

Bausk New Member

Yeah I say stay where you are at and improve your body composition. The maybe think about dropping to 155-160 for competitions.

7. Nomad

Nomad Active Member

thanks for the advice dudes...i don't plan on competing in any competitions anytime soon, but you never know, ja?

i'll update this thread as my weight loss continues.....maybe a pic or two but nothing too vain...:wavey:

8. Bausk

Bausk New Member

If you don't plan on competing, I don't see any reason to get smaller. Improve your body or even put on weight/muscle. 5'11" 155 sounds menacing for a competition, but otherwise it's just too skinny! :rofl:

9. friedrice

friedrice New Member

A current pic would help. At your height 155 seems awfully crack head skinny.

10. Nomad

Nomad Active Member

here's a pic of me from july...i'm on the far left...
    [​IMG]

11. 4bangin

4bangin Ballet of Violence

I am 5'10 175 and i feel heavy and going to try to cut down some. however i have a small frame and used to weigh 135 at this same height. So i guess it varies from person to person.