Weight loss help...

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by NiceGuy07, Apr 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NiceGuy07

NiceGuy07 New Member

Well ive read the stickies but i need some help if at all possible from you guys... well description of me is im 6'0' 225 at the moment. I manage a dry cleaning store so its alot of walking around and moving things around but nothing really strenuious. I have been going to the gym nightly for about 2 weeks running and oliptical for about 45 mins. the machines say im losing about 400 cals but am i doing too much or too little with intaking about 1800 calories a day. im trying to figure out how many calories i should intake and how much i should work out to get a steady drop in weight.. goal is about 180-185. thanks in advance i would appreciate any help.

2. never_enough

never_enough New Member

i prefer the term fat loss. and i would be of no help, im not an expert at dieting.

3. maks

maks Bah! t(-_-t)

You will probably get better results with 45minutes of lifting instead of just cardio since you are new. Get used to weightlifting asap...it can take years to get things right. You don't have to have perfect form or lift the heaviest weights. Its a learning experience. I really think that lifting is better for fat loss.

Check out the bodybuilder sticky....below is the first post from it. Adjust the portion sizes so you get around 2200 calories. Take pics of yourself to judge your progress. Scales lie.

http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=2920566

4. jeck

jeck New Member

try mypyarmid.gov

fill out the stuff. itll tell u how many daily cals u need to stay at your weight. (take that number and drop it by 500 - 1000)

you can also set the nutrition tracker to 180-185 and it will say how much to eat to get to that weight

theres a rating system to see how much of the food groups youve eaten. if you ate everything according to their standards, youll see happy faces as a rating.

you can also try http://bewell.mypurewellness.com/
    i signed up through work and i kinda used this to start my diet off. the daily caloric estimations looked a little more realistic. it even has a tracker that can count calories for everything you ate in the day.

hope that helps :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.