Weight loss -- good supplement?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by StPatty33, Aug 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StPatty33

StPatty33 New Member

I'm at about 365 right now--decent amount of muscle mass and healthy for my size. My goal's a muscular 225 (or heavier even, since I have a large 6'4" frame) I've been making decent progress naturally--really cutting back my calories and working out (both lifting and cardio) taking whey protein shakes (about to double or triple the amount I take), keeping track of all calories taken in and burned.

My question is is there a good weight loss supplement out there that can help me lose even quicker?

I'd been looking a bit into Leptoprin (more specifically LeptopriL, the generic equivalent) or Lipovarin. Any advice?

Is there something simple I could be doing, like just taking some green-tea extract appetite suppressants or anything else I might be missing? Metabolife even?

I'd appreciate anything you guys have to throw at me, eh!

2. TheMustafa

TheMustafa hook 'em

get 250-300g protein a day, fill in the rest of your calories with complex carbs (ie low/no sugars) and clean fats (omega 3's, etc). stick to a 2000-2500 cal diet. diet is really the most important thing. drink water.

lift often (4-5 days/week), try to do compound lifts (squats, deads, dips, good mornings, etc) and lift heavy w/ low reps (4-8 reps is good).

do cardio every day, 30-45 min. keeping your heart rate above 160.

supps:
    green tea extract (Lean Green is the most concentrated I've seen)
    fish oil (6-10g/day)
    a multivitamin
    sesathin works, but its kinda pricey

3. StPatty33

StPatty33 New Member

Awesome, I appreciate all the info--just placed an order for 2 more 5lb whey protein jugs. the only thing I drink is water--about 100oz a day or so. Taking a complete multivitamin daily also. I've also been on a 1700-1800 cal a day diet, though many people've said that's too little. I may switch up week to week to keep my metabolism guessing a litttle? *shrugs*

Noticed a lot of people talking about fish oil, what's that do exactly?

4. TheMustafa

TheMustafa hook 'em

if you've been on a 1700-1800 cal/day diet, i guess keep on it as long as the weight loss isnt too quick; if you're losing more than 2 lbs per week, chances are a lot of that is muscle. the goal should be to maintain or increase muscle mass while losing fat. just make sure you are getting enough protein, that is key.

fish oil is a concentrated source of omega 3 fatty acids and helps everything, including cholesterol levels, fat loss, appetite suppression, mood enhancement, everything. its just a good all-around "supplement" to be taking, as north american diets tend to be lacking in omega 3's.

5. StPatty33

StPatty33 New Member

Picking some up tomorrow, eh. I appreciate all the info!

Anyone else? Anyone? Bueller...?

6. jaymode

jaymode New Member

look into Sesathin. I would wait on Thermogenics, because it sounds like the weight should be coming off pretty quick right now. Wait till it starts to slow considerably and then check into an EC stack or another thermo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.