Weight lifting progression v.semi long

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by relon124, Sep 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. relon124

relon124 OT Supporter

Quick back story. I decided to lose some weight to get back into shape back in May. Fast-forward to today, I have lost about 30lbs and am about 10lbs away from what I want to stop at. I have been doing mostly cardio all those months. About 3miles jogging at 7mph and 2 miles walking.

I only recently started adding weightlifting to my training but I don't get the feeling of improving at it. IE. I still feel the burn at the same amount of reps and still lifting the same weight. Should I be eating more protein or what can I do so I can progress in this respect? I eat about 1lb of chicken breast almost daily.

Any helpful tips? I am by no means trying to brolly out here. Just get a lean and toned look and not a soft weak look.

2. Juke Box Hero

Juke Box Hero Active Member

gotta just add more weight and fight through the pain, I can squat my bodyweight and my quads will fucking kill.. doesnt mean I cant squat 400 pounds. im no broly or anything, but i was in the same situation as you except I stayed stagnant lifting the same weights for almost a year, maybe adding 5 pounds to each lift every few months. just add and add and push yourself, and make sure your on a good routine too, not something you think will be good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.