weight issue.

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Opie Winston, Sep 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Opie Winston

Opie Winston New Member

Alright, first of all, I'd like to point out that I've been lurking on FN for 4 months now, and that I've read most of the sticky's.

To my question;

Since about june or july, I've been watching my calories for the first times in my life. I've gone from around 200 down to 175-180 in the last couple of months. I haven't started lifting yet, but I have been on an EC stack. I've noticed EC to be a great weight loss pill, and also took 2 weeks off to see if it made a difference. It does. Anyways, I would like your opinions on a good weight to shoot for before I start bulking. I'm 5'10" with a decent build (played hockey until college and was active). Anyways, I still have a decent amount of fat on me, I'm definitly not fat, and I also know that I've lost a lot of musle by not lifting while I'm dieting. I was planing on dieting until 170, then holding my weight there until the end of golf season (i play competitive golf) and start the star routine and start eating. My question to you guys is; is that a good weight to start bulking? I know bulking is easier than cutting, so maybe it won't hurt to lose as much fat as possible til I can lift? Also, I can't and won't start lifting right now, because it'll will effect my golf game, and I can't be sore.

cliffs.
    Lost some weight.
    I'm 5'10" 175, haven't lifted since high school (3 years)
    Can't start right now.
    Should I keep losing the weight? or hold a certain weight, till I can lift?

2. Opie Winston

Opie Winston New Member

so no one can give me any advice?

3. bigdamray

bigdamray New Member

Well, are you happy with the way you look?

4. Opie Winston

Opie Winston New Member

haha, nope, I guess I just don't want to get too skinny, and be a bitch

5. bigdamray

bigdamray New Member

Would losing more weight help or hurt your golf game?

6. ccrooks

ccrooks New Member

it's hard to say if it's a good weight to start bulking at... it depends on how you look at 170 (i.e. body composition, amount of muscle/fat). you're probably pretty fit b/c of the golf (i'd guess), so you're probably fine bulking from there... it's all up to you

7. Toxicity

Toxicity New Member

If you're questioning it man, just bulk. Fuck all haters, fuck girls or anyone else who thinks having a tiny bit of fat on you is bad.

8. Opie Winston

Opie Winston New Member

i think I'll continue losing weight till the end of the season, I just don't want to get too weak/ or have too much body fat before I start bulking. I was trying to find out a good weight to start at, but I guess its hard for you guys to say.

9. Opie Winston

Opie Winston New Member

well, I can't bulk right now anyway. So, I might as well shead more fat, i guess.

10. Opie Winston

Opie Winston New Member

no, it wouldn't, golf is more about flexibility, than pure strength, so losing weight has actually helped add some distance.

11. ccrooks

ccrooks New Member

if you keep losing weight, chances are you won't have too much bodyfat, unless you still have a ton to lose

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.