weight gain

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Chaotic Reality, Aug 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chaotic Reality

Chaotic Reality New Member

So I've been working out for the past month and a half or so, and have been doing my best at eating the shit out of anything I can that has a lot of protein in it. I've always weighed around 140 for quite a while, but am getting close to 150, (148 at the gym tonight) - anyways...does anyone have any recommendations as far gaining weight faster? I'm not too knowledgable as far as any weigh gainer powder or protein or anything like that....I'm down to try whatever though, so any recommendations would be helpful.

2. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Guest

Well have a good eating plan. Count your calories using fitday.com to make sure you get enough. Try protein shakes. Basically you go buy whey protein and have 2-3 shakes a day. I take 2 pre and post workout. Also try to eat clean. I wouldn't really suggest the weight gainers you can buy as a supplement or powder. All you really need to do is eat food and protein shakes.

3. Chaotic Reality

Thanks for the link, I was wondering how some people tracked their calorie intake...I honestly have no idea how much I'm taking in, but it's twice as much as I would normally eat at least...I buy big bags of chicken breasts from costco and put a weeks worth in tupperware and marinade them and eat 2-3 on rice after I work out. I've been eating a lot of peanut butter and honey,tuna, and turkey sandwiches, etc.

4. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Guest

Haha I do the same with steaks. I marinade them before hand. I recently stopped eating peanut butter and honey sandwiches. I would eat them pre workout for energy. I dunno why i stopped. I should start doing that again. If you want an ok tasting protein shake I will give you the one I drink religiously everday. Great for bulking and getting a shit ton of protein.

2 cups cottage cheese
    1/2 cup yogurt
    3 scoops chocolate or vanilla whey protein
    2 tbs peanut butter (I add more)
    1/2 cup oatmeal dry
    1 tbs of instant pudding (w/e flavor you like)
    2 cups Skim milk
    2 handfuls of ice
    Now for the last part I add in 25 almonds. I also mix it up with pecans or walnuts.

This is like a meal. I take this post work out. This seriously is fills the whole blender to the top. I go through cottage cheese like crazy!

5. Chaotic Reality

:eek3: Sounds pretty decent. Thanks :bigthumb:

6. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Guest

One word of advice though. Blend it up real good. You want it real smooth so it's easier to drink it. Once you get used to it it's somewhat good.

7. ChaCha

ChaCha Active Member

heh, if you want to gain some quick weight... eat a thick pb&j + a tall glass of 2% milk right before you go to bed.

8. Chaotic Reality

:eek3: I did that last night, minus the milk :o

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.