Weight Gain Realistic Results

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by bacid, Jan 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bacid

bacid New Member

for those of you who are skinny and worked yourself to be a fairly good size, how long did it take you and what were your monthly gains?

i'm trying to figure out if i'm not taking enough protein/weight gainer shakes or if my results are within the normal range.

i'm currently 150lbs but before was 135lbs (tad under 6 feet).

i've gained the 15lbs over the last 2mths of working out. i workout 5 days a week and do 3 exercises per muscle (2-3 sets with 4-6 reps).

right now the program i'm following is the one on ast-ss.com

should i be expecting more gains or this is normal?

thanks

2. TZ

TZ Banned

it will take awhile to get the results you want, it isn't going to happen overnight. main thing is, keep working out hard (and smart), eating right, getting the proper rest and you will get there.

3. Ricey McRicerton

Ricey McRicerton New Member

Started getting my diet straight and actually busting my ass in the gym December 05. I went from ~140 to ~175.

4. Marix

Marix OT Supporter

You can't really put a figure on monthly gains. You gain MUCH faster when you start out and the first 20lbs go on fairly easily. After that you're looking at a much slower rate.

I'm gaining around half a pound per week now, but that's okay by me. It's mostly muscle and so I am staying lean while adding muscle slowly. To me, that is better than getting big quicker but also getting fatter.

In short, the speed you can gain will also be determined by how fat you want to get. Generally a quicker bulk = more muscle and more fat. A slower bulk = muscle but less fat.

5. Ricey McRicerton

December 05 to today. I was 173 at the gym today. I was 138 December 1 2005.

6. Toxicity

Toxicity New Member

About 8 months ago i was 145 at 6'2, today im about ~185-190.
    Edit more like 10-11 months

Last edited: Jan 28, 2007
  7. Ricey McRicerton

I'm 5'8" and am pretty damn unhappy with my body fat levels. I ate like shit, I didn't do any cardio, and did the 5x5 modified Bill Starr routine here. I haven't really moved at all with my weight over the last few months. I'm doing a half assed cut so my weight isn't really going anywhere.

Bring the hate. Tell me I got fat. :rofl:

Before:
    [​IMG]

Taken earlier
    [​IMG]

8. -Mordecai-

-Mordecai- New Member

last year i went from about 145 to 170 in like 3 or 4 months then I got busy with school and work and dropped back down to about 150.

I kept all the fat that i gained during that builk so now I'm still hovering a bit over 150 but am trying to cut and gain muscle at the same time. Its working but slowly so my weight hasnt changed much recently.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.