Weekly Washes: Denalli Wednesday!

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by justin30513, Sep 6, 2006.

1. justin30513

justin30513 New Member

Here are two of my weekly wash customers. These both recieve the exact same processes.
    First up is the 2007 GMC Denalli. This is one of my first customers. She traded her 04 last month for this beauty. These new body styles are so nice. I polished it about 4 weeks ago but she decided she wanted me to go ahead and put another coat of wax on her.
    Last is a 2006 GMC Denalli. I went to High School with her and recently axquired her business. I polished this one about 2 months ago and was still swirl-free. She alson wanted me to re-wax her ride.
    Here is what they both got....

Meguiars NXT Car Wash

(Two Bucket Method to save the black!)

Two coats of DP Max Wax
    (Applied and removed by hand about an hour between coats)

Other Products used:
    FK1 Protectant
    (Dash, leather, and all plastic.)
    Woolite 8:1
    (Used to clean all plastic and leather. Wiped down with clean, wet MF to remove any soap left)
    Armor All Extreme Tire Gel
    (Two coats. About 30 minutes between each)
    Megs APC 4:1
    (Used to remove bugs on front, windshield and mirrors. Also used on tires, wheels, and inner fenders.)
    Stoners Invisible Glass
    FK1 #425

(Used on LCD screens, instrument cluster, laminated plastic trim, and all exterior glass.)

2007 GMC Denalli
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2006 GMC Denalli
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. XPX

XPX New Member

[​IMG]

happy to agree that new GM trucks appear to have outstanding interiors now :cool:

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I agree, the new GM SUVs have a much improved interior.

Both trucks look really good, I hope the owners continue to let you handle the washing, it makes future details a lot easier. :)

4. xxpanipuri

xxpanipuri Gideeyup Motherfuckers....

wow looks good man!

whats the two bucket method? one for the soap and one for regular water that you can rinse off the wash mitt with???

i keep one bucket for the soap and b4 i dip the mitt back into that water i spray the wash mitt off properly and then dip it back in the soap.

is your method better or are both the same? :)

5. xxpanipuri

xxpanipuri Gideeyup Motherfuckers....

once again scottwax/justin and all you other detailers out there i gotta give you mad props for doing this day in and day out...its hard work! yes the results are satisfying as hell almost all of the time....and i'm sure the customers appreciation helps too...BUT its hard work :)

on sunday i washed both my camry and my wife's jetta and washed/detailed my sis's bmw and man i was sooooo sore monday......

:)

6. justin30513

justin30513 New Member

When I first started out, I was sore every stinkn day! My right fore arm even got larger till I started swapping out. No comment now please!
    It is hard work but I'm only working 6-7 hours per day now and still making awesome money. It helps that with every job, you get a compliment. Thats like 2-3 per day. I think I may have got one compliment in 6 months at my old job.

BTW....your two bucket way is the best for standard washing. I'm moving to a rinseless wash later this month to prepare for winter.

7. lemans23

lemans23 PV - The Vision of Sound

The two bucket method is teh sweetness. Ima wash my civic tomorrow and throw a quick coat of spray wax on it.

And btw, that black almost made me shoot a load.

8. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

Nice! Honestly, though, I still can't get myself to like the '07 Yukon's exterior. I'm partial to that '06!!