Weekly Challenges

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Spiral Out, Jun 19, 2003.

1. Spiral Out

Spiral Out Active Member

I know you guys are working hard on the FAQ but was wondering if there was anyone that wanted to start weekly challenges. Any ideas?

Or we could all work on one big project like a game or something.

2. Rob

Rob OT Supporter

That would be good and cool to do.

Here is what I was thinking (since I am more of a hardware person then software dev). How about if we create a scenario like a company that is moving to a new location. We have to build them and entire network. We will get specifications on bandwidth requirments and such. From there we have to use Visio to lay it out. The person that can make the most reliable, robust network with the smallest budget wins. There will have to be some kind of scoring system for the different aspects.

Anybody like it?

3. Spiral Out

Spiral Out Active Member

I don't know Visio and I'm not good at networking. We could have different areas of competition. Like programming and networking. We could roll with the business idea and say they need a program that will do this, this, and this. Whomever does it more effectively wins. You could use any language you like.

4. crotchfruit

crotchfruit Guest

5. Spiral Out

Spiral Out Active Member

:bigthumb: I've been looking for something like this but I think the projects are more than I can handle. :hs:

6. SLED

SLED build an idiot proof device and someone else will

how does this sound:

making a sql expression builder.

For instance: i give somebody a

field name = "Content"

and a search string = "white cat AND brown dog OR animal"

The program would have to parse it into a WHERE clause. So the result of the above example sould be the following:

Result = "WHERE Content LIKE '% white cat %' AND Content LIKE '% brown dog %' OR Content LIKE '% animal %';

I know it's been done a million times, but it is something i just wrote recently, and would like maybe some insight and effeciency suggestions