Weekly break down v.38457

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by MWHC22, Jan 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MWHC22

MWHC22 Bier/Deutsch/Homebrew/ Packers/Blackhawks/Outdoor

K soooo i am wondering what i can do to maximize my training. Im not very experienced in the lifting area.

i lost about 12 lbs in a month or so when i started lifting but ive gained it back in muscle. so now im the same weight again but mich more toned. Ive been trying to bulk by eating an average of 4 times a day + a protein shake or 2. Its really hard for me to gain weight but im going slowly...like a pound or 2 every week and a half or so.

anyway i don't run right now except to do a warm up. otherwise little cardio.

my schedule is as follows
    monday - 45 min workout including warm up + chest+biceps
    wednesday - 45 min w/o warmup+shoulders+back/lats
    Friday - 45 min w/o warmup+legs+abs/torso

then once a week i try to fit in a work out of push ups, sit ups, dips, pull ups ect.

is there something i should add or change?

should i go to a 5 day schedule and add a few things? or start doing cardio more again?

im not experienced so any info is helpful

oh 6' 177lbs
    oh..im not a very big framed guy so yes im liteweight for my height. thats why im trying to gain some weight.

2. Perkwunos

Perkwunos Dog Bones OT Supporter

what are you doing on these days?
    exercise wise

3. dmaestro

dmaestro New Member

what torso exercises are you doing

4. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

Follow this:
    http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=1574598

do it for 6+ months, eat everything in sight, consume lots of protein, don't be afraid of carbs.

don't worry about your beach muslces, they will be hit using that routine. If you are gonna get pussyhurt about it, take 10 minutes at the end of the monday and friday workouts and add in whatever beach muscles you want - bis, traps, calves. Abs/Oblique work can be added whenever you want - minimize the days if you are doing weighted work, a few days a week is fine if you are doing volume work (bodyweight crunches, situps, and leg raises, etc)

don't overcomplicate things - I can already tell you are by the way you posted it. Try to be done with lifting within an hour, but don't stress if you aren't, gyms get busy - sometimes you need a lil more rest than the last time, etc. Lifting Heavy + Eating Clean + Sticking To The Basics = Success

/thread

5. MWHC22

mon - incline, flat, decline bench
    db fly, db bi curl, standing curlbar reverse grip curl, preacher bench curl

wed - db row?(dunno what its called), front lat machine, lat row machine, shoulder press, db front shoulder raises, weighted shoulder shrug machine, weighted striaght row machine

fri - squats, leg extentions, calve raises, weighted incline sit ups, twisting incline sit ups, back extentions, hanging leg raises

then i try to do dips, push ups, pull ups etc once a week.

i finish my workouts including 10 min warm up within 45 min to an hour.
    i just feel like my inexperience may be giving my workout some holes in it where i should add things or change them to get a more complete schedule for the week.

6. MWHC22

yeah i read that one before i started. Im trying to impliment some a bunch of it...but i cant do dead lifts at the campus gym cuz there not allowed becasue of the facilites equipment rules and whats available to us. also i don't know how to do some of those things correctly cuz i have an inexperienced lifting partner as well.

my routine is fairly simple and i try to keep it that way as much as i can....what things should i adjust?

7. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

well first off, what kind of set/rep scheme are you following

the second thing is... try deadlifting anyway. Don't think you are in a garage gym and can do whatever you want. be respectful of people around you and don't slam the weights down. It is such a great lift... I'm kicking myself that I only started ~3 months ago. You brought up equipment and facilities - if there is a bar, some plates, and a floor... you can deadlift

8. MWHC22

well with eac exorcise i have been doing a weight that i fail by the end of 3 sets of 12. if i can do it without failing i add more weight and do a 4th set then try that weight for my set the next week and see if i can do it.

ive been trying the weight schedule most of the athletic teams here at college use. the football team obviously does more than just weights..but the do as follows

3 days a week with weights and 4th day of weighted plyometric(is this what its called?) type stuff....like pull ups lunges, pushups etc.

they do 3 to 5 sets depending on the exorcise of 8 to 12 reps. at a weight that they fail at the last few reps in the last set. they use the same weight for 4 weeks unless they don't fail any more at the end of the last set.

after 4 weeks of the same weight they add some weight even if they still fail.

they do this in 4 cycles of 4 weeks and reevaluate every 4 weeks to make sure they are still working out at a good intensity.

anyway thats kinda complex to me...but i try and follow a similar style of failing at the end of my last set and bump up the weights if i don't fail anymore. and i add weight after a few weeks to try and work a little harder.
    I mean those guys have personal trainers to plan there stuff...im still learning.

9. MWHC22

oh... about the dead lifting....they actually posted a sign not to do it...thats why i can't....i guess some one else already blew it for us all.

will it work on a machine to get a similar work out? we have 2 machines to do squats and bench where the bar is on slide rails so you can work out without a spotter.

10. Perkwunos

the foot ball team does nto deadlift, powerclean snatch or any oly explosive lifting?

11. Perkwunos

NO, find a different gym, or try them anyway

12. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

So you lift in a kindergarden ? Do they take your hands while you squat ? :gfight:

13. MWHC22

the football team and other athletes have their own special gym that kciks the shit out of the rest of the campus facilities.

the field house one is the one i go to. we used to have another one where you could deadlift...but they closed it in august for some reason.

14. Perkwunos

do you have a powerlifitng team?

15. MWHC22

no power lifting team that i know of. there is some guy that lives up in the campus apartments by me that is Mister Utah though. he goes to a golds gym here in the city. the dude is huge as hell but has small legs proportionatly. he claims to have standard black man runners legs. I call him super steve though cuz the dude is so huge in the upper body that his arms are bigger than alot of peoples legs. i think hes on some kind of juices though. he mentioned something about the hush hush stuff in body building once.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.