LGBT Weekend Plans? 07/16-07/18

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by marxwa99, Jul 15, 2004.

1. marxwa99

marxwa99 Boom Squad

Sheesh! I'm gone for a little less than a week and all this drama takes place on here. :hs:

Anyways, i just got back from nyc. had a great time there with my buddy. Walked a shitload and even got the chance to see some projects in brooklyn because my friend has no sense of direction... :squint:

I thought i should get back into things with a good ol fashioned weekend plans post.

For me, I get to work the BITE OF SEATTLE for my job. The bite is an annual event where they have shitloads of food and entertainment around the space needle/seattle center. One of the biggest events in seattle every year. And each year, my job, Radio Disney, hosts the kid's stage. So Friday and Saturday, i'm gonna be second in charge of making sure things at our booth and that stage go well. Friday i work 10am-930pm, Saturday, 10-6pm, and luckily i now have sunday off.

Saturday night, my friend has peeps from idaho coming so we're goin out that night. This'll be the 5th time i've gone out since i turned 21 in december (the last 3 being this past month). Also his friend just moved here from Milwaukee and is gettin his feet wet into the whole concept of a gay community. He seems to be doin fine, but has problems dealin with the whole christianity vs. homosexuality conflict. My friend wanted me to talk to him about that and my own ordeal with it so hopefully i might be able to shed some light and offer some advice :)

Other than that, hope everyone has been doin well. Hugs and kisses and all that gay shit. :bigthumb:

2. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

...luv it!

Well, I'm going to a cookout on the 17th, and then doing the gay thing sunday. I've had a pretty exhausting week this week, and cannot wait for it to be over... Soooo, I don't really feel like hitting a club this weekend, buut we'll see. I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Hugz, Kisses, and all that gay shit!

3. cedric

cedric I don't have a contract

My friend is having a party at his flat in SF on friday, some Japanese festival on Saturday...and something, but I forgot exactly what, on Saturday night. It's gonna be a busy weekend, but good busy.

Hugs, kisses and all that gay shit :bigthumb:

4. NOVAJock

NOVAJock Modded & Underrated

:rofl: :wavey:

5. cedric

:hs: no drama, IL to the rescue!

I've never understood this argument, even when I still believed I was straight. It just didn't make sense to me. Although, it could be because I find very little value in organized religion, for myself anyway.

6. marxwa99

marxwa99 Boom Squad

I first said that to my friend seth a few years ago. We end every conversation we have (in person, phone, online) with that now. :)

7. marxwa99

marxwa99 Boom Squad

more or less what you say is more or less what im gonna tell him. Follow your own path. Something the anabaptists used to believe sort of. I'm sorta like them, just not as radical :)

8. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

Take note Taylor... I'm might be adding it.

--hahaha, Luv Me--

9. mamoru

mamoru New Member

Are you fucking serious!?!?! You came to NYC and DIDN'T tell me!? I wanted to meet you! :hs: :mamoru:

:kiss: The projects are always fun :love:

10. marxwa99

marxwa99 Boom Squad

sorry hun. I stayed on the upper west side around 77th and broadway. When i go back there and im sure i will cause i liked manhattan a lot, i'll be sure to say hello and let you show me around more :)

11. mamoru

mamoru New Member

holy shit, I just saw your picture!

dude, you WOULD HAVE GOTTEN LAID...

:p

j/k :love:

I did want to meet you though :hs: for sure PM next time you're here, I'd show you around to the best city spots :coold:

Glad you had fun :)

12. mamoru

mamoru New Member

Did you at least hang around chelsea and see the clones? :mamoru:

13. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

I'm working on opening a amazon store for a board....well helping to...and I am going to go to NYI to watch my friend and an asshole duke it out.

14. marxwa99

marxwa99 Boom Squad

oh god, chelsea was mad homo haven! It was so bad. I played "spot the male hetero" with my friend that night! We went to HELL, that was about it. It was interesting. I really used to like that nina sky song until i saw some gay attention whores grindin eachother and dancing on top of the tables to "impress" other people. Nothin like a fuckin nasty visual image to fuck up a good song.

Lotsa gay people in your neck of the woods. heheh. Really enjoyed it and once i move to columbus, a trip there will be cheaper and easier to do. I really want to see more of manhattan. Harlem sorta scared me (we walked around the southern part, north of hte park to 116th) and Brooklyn was sorta iffy. I'd rather stay in tourist ville.

15. marxwa99

marxwa99 Boom Squad

and as nice as it coulda been to meet some people from nyc, i was there with my friend and we both decided that the trip was to spend time together before i move to ohio. We both know some people in nyc but decided to explore on our own.

16. cedric

marxwa99, I may be straying from the topic, but I've always wondered, what is that red thing in your av?

17. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy is moving to Canada

Baby Anne show in Ybor on Saturday, and some shopping tomorrow.Woot.

18. Sam Gamgee

Sam Gamgee Every tool is a weapon if you hold it right. OT Supporter

got nothing big planned.

Going to a pub tonight with some OTers.

Tomorrow, I might head down to "Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary", which is a wildlife habitat near Naples, Florida.

The rest of the weekend involves finishing up some shit for school.

19. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy is moving to Canada

Corkscrew is pretty neat. :bigok:

20. GND

GND BBP! OT Supporter

Friday- going to bed early

Saturday- run 3 miles and I register for my marathon training @ 7am. that night I have a party to attend a bunch of "family" will be at this one so it should be fun.. fun.. FUN!!!

Sunday- recover

Last edited: Jul 17, 2004
  21. mamoru

mamoru New Member

Friday night - I cooked dinner just now thinking my parents would be home, but they aren't, and the food is getting cold and is all for me. Yum...:sad2:

Saturday - Probably sailing with the parents to catch some rays :coold:

Saturday night - Plan to hang out with a friend of mine who I haven't seen in about 2 weeks. (We usually hang out daily)

Sunday - Not sure when/how I'll pull this off, but there's a shitload of parties I was invited to, however, a friend from out of town is coming in, and I think I have to pass by for social purposes. Who knows.

22. bioyuki

bioyuki Ich habe Angst

Tonight - Dunno, probably just kick it with my friends, drink, BBQ, etc.

Saturday - Go mountain biking in the morning, skimboarding/bodyboarding in the afternoon and go to the USA v. Hungary match at night :bigok:

Sunday - Hit up the Nordstrom's sale, just relax and run errands and stuff, lift, read.

23. cedric

*sigh* yet more clothes I don't need, but will nevertheless buy anyway.:hs:

24. ExDelayed

ExDelayed New Member

Work :squint:

Getting ready for inventory makes it even better. :ugh: :squint:

EDIT: Apparently I will be able to start on the engine swap on my truck. I went and picked up the remainder of the parts I am going to need to give the old beast (`77 Dodge p/u) fuel injection. :x: Anyone want to come get thier hands dirty?

Last edited: Jul 17, 2004
  25. marxwa99

marxwa99 Boom Squad

cedric, the red thing in my av is something i call mr. giggles. Me and my friends had built a website that allowed us to vent about our job and we all had alias that i drew. This was one for my friend brian. Mine was some girl from a website template. I named her Gallinagallo or chicken cock. kekeke

Well the Bite of Seattle was packed and busy. We at Radio Disney hosted a kids stage which was interesting. Long story short a christian youth group performance scared all our audience away friday when they did a reenactment of the crucifixion of christ on the stage. Mind you, this was jam packed when they started but their totally inappropriate set for what was supposed to be for 5-10 yr old kids went a little too far and was too disturbing. Although im christian, not the venue for this kinda stuff. And i am 100% sure they will say they did no wrong because they were preaching the life of christ. :rant:

This girl also went on stage from the group and told the crowd "dad's goin blind, time's are rough, dad lost his job and we're struggling.... but its okay i guess...jesus wanted it that way..." :wtf:

Dont mean to turn this into a philosophical rant but i just feel people should choose their own path to salvation/happiness/etc. and not feel that things are the way they are because of destiny or whomever. I think its wrong to preach exhaustively and thats what that group did as much as i agreed with their values for the most part. :hs: