SRS Week of being clean

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Danb13, Jul 12, 2004.

1. Danb13

Danb13 Real life is so boring and stupid

im a avid pot smoker, i know its causing problems, and i know its time to start controlling it.
    Not rationlizing it but, i smoke every day, mostly at nights, unless its my day off. i used about a 8th of weed every 3 weeks, so its a cheap habit for for me, but still dosent make it right.
    So today is day one, no smoking, im putting all my stuff away, and have made plans to keep my self buys tonight, hair cut, tanning, and some running, hopefully i will be in bed by 10 and wore out so i sleep decent and dont think about it.
    i figure start out small and move to more time, so im going for a week now, i am also trying to not replace wit with anythgn harmful,(sleeping pills, booze ect)

wish me luck, i have a feeling im going in the right direction, i will keep you guys informed as i progress

sorry for all spellign mistakes, bad grammar, and over all scatter brain style of that post, but had to get some thoughts out

2. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

that sounds like a plan. if you're just a casual pot smoker and feel that somewhere inside you, you have the ability to moderate - then i think its admirable that you're giving it a shot (not smoking)

if you're having trouble sleeping tonight, try reading a book, make sure you've got a full stomach, etc.

you may notice after a COUPLE weeks that you feel "smarter" about stuff. I know I always would. Good luck anyways.

3. Danb13

yeah its like im high pretty much every day, but i dont use alot, liek i said a 8th every 3 weeks, bout a gram a week
    im pretty much trying to moderate my use, it really isnt effecting my work, but i noticed my social life is a little off, but thats also cause i dont go to school and am 20

4. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

well dude, it can get worse. i was smoking between an 1/8th and a 1/4 ounce of weed every day... and there are plenty of people who've smoked more. i was just limited by the amount of money i could procure on a daily basis through stealing and other shit

5. Danb13

jeeze man thats rough

6. doubleb23

doubleb23 Ooooo

if that really is all you smoke you shouldn't have much trouble quitting, i smoked an 1/8th every few days and quit cold turkey one day.... 164 days ago. and it was probably more than an 1/8th because of hanging out with people who sell it. you can do it, no prob.

also, what worked for me is to not replace it with anything. to me, that's like still letting the addiction live in you. but that probably worked for me because pot really isnt physically addictive, its more of a mental/habit type thing.

7. Danb13

oh yeah man i agree on the mental part, after 4 years straight it is hard, it becomes rotuine, was fine alday yester day till about 10 at night, i could not sleep i tossed and turned till 120 in the morning, that seems to be my biggest problem, i choose to replace it with soemthng healthy, not any one thign, but hanging out with frineds, working out ect, today will eb day 2 :bigthumb:

8. B_RowL

B_RowL OT Supporter

I believe, that its mainly mental. Once you can get the mindset that you actually want to stop or at least slow down then its actually not hard to do. I wasn't doing it as near as much as some of you who posted in this thread (no offense), but once I decided I wanted to quit I did it for a year and half, even with friends smoking it pretty much everyday in front of you.

Danb13, I admire your effort, and I agree with the statement its not an easy to do